1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gmod Crashing Issues iMac

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Lava_Master, May 2, 2017.

1. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    So I used to use my Late 2013 iMac as my main computer, and it played all my games very well. That's including Chronet, when I could get on there, it ran very well and was quite smooth and isn't that much different than my Custom PC with a i7 6700k, and GTX 1070. But I always got Lua Panic Errors every time I went on chronet, I could be good for a few minutes but then it crashed. My computer was beefy enough to run chronet with no issue (I have a old laptop with a 2.2 GHZ i3 and intel graphics 3000 that runs chronet terribly but doesn't crash) but the specs of the machine go this way, 4th Generation Quad Core i5 at 2.7 ghz base with turbo up to 3.4 GHZ. Intel Iris Pro 5200 with 1.5gb dedicated VRam 8GB of ram, 1tb fusion drive. It's a 21.5 inch iMac and has a resolution of 1920x1080 and the screen is 21 inches. Even though Apple has new retina displays and windows computers do too, their regular glossy displays are still gorgeous and look better than any regular matte monitor. I really do like this computer and everything else I do on a computer is done on my iMac not my hackintosh. It's a great computer
    --- Post updated ---
    Also let me add that my brother has the same model of computer and never had issues with crashing on chronet. Also my MacBook Pro never crashes on chronet. It's only this computer

2. (BT) 人斬り抜刀斎

(BT) 人斬り抜刀斎 Member

Roleplay name:
    Asusa Hirano
    i get those panic errors with lua too then it closes my game but its on other servers so far

3. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    1. delete all addons
    2. start gmod and hold down ~ then type "menu_cleanupgmas" (should delete all addons that you are subscribed to
    3. then subscribe to http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=130852860
    4. if that doesnt work delete the "download" and "downloads" folder in gmod and try to play again
    5. if that doesnt work reinstall gmod

4. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    I will try that, but the whole map isn't included in that content pack