1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayor Scenario Garrymart

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Stiggy, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Name:
    Garrymart
    Description:
    Tax payers are complaining that there isn't enough competition in the town for lower prices on every-day items, some of them have suggested that a 'Garrymart' is built in order to increase the competition.
    Choices
    - Construct a Garrymart. Cost: $7500. (50% chance)
    - Encourage the local shops to use more competitive prices. (35% chance)
    - Tell the tax payers not to be so stingy. (15% chance)
    Success Text:
    Option 1: The new Garrymart and its competitive prices has encouraged the local shops to price their merchandise more competitively as well, creating a health competition in the area where everybody is benefiting.
    Option 2: The local shops listened to your encouragements, and have re-priced their stock to be more competitively priced. Thanks to this, the businesses in your local area are thriving in the new-found competition.
    Option 3: The tax payers responded well to your bold statement, and are now spending more than ever! This has had an astronomical effect on the economical growth of the local area.
    Fail Text
    Option 1: The new Garrymart has dominated the area and many local businesses are have to close down.
    Option 2: The local shops have ignored your encouragements, arguing that they cannot lower their prices if they hope to make a living out of their businesses.
    Option 3: Your rather bold statement has upset the tax payers, many of who have now moved to other towns, dealing a devastating blow to the economy.
    Economy Gain
    + 10 Economy points
    Economy Lose
    - 15 Economy points
    Ignore
    Not allowed (False)
    Chance
    Yes (True)

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Sounds good. But the % chance isn't in the system currently. Meaning each answer can only be "true or false". (Right or wrong)

Will have a look tonight though at implementing the chance system.

3. Stiggy

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    I also forgot to add the different fail/success texts for each of the options, doing that now.

I don't really think that people submitting questions where there's only one right answer will work.. People can easily learn which one is right (or just read it from its submission thread...) and always answer the question that way...

4. Clawness

Clawness Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Robert Wolf
    Nice question for a mayor :p

5. Guilty

Guilty New Member

Sounds goods, but OMG dat cost!

6. Stiggy

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Well, when I was Mayor for a short while, income tax 30% and sales tax and 20%, I got up to $7500... So I figured the $15000 price tag on a Garrymart, that offers 10 economy points, wouldn't be half bad.

7. Guilty

Guilty New Member

Yeah but were not all as great a mayor as you Stiggy ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stiggy

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Just going to make use of the new post ratings feature and agree with that.. Hehe.
    Even though the economy is usually crap when I'm Mayor, at least I make the city money!

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Retired Staff Member

Sounds nice but I've never even seen 15k in the City Money before. Most I've had was like 13k... maybe a bit lower price.

10. Stiggy

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Changed the price to $7500. As I said, the $15000 was only based on the experience I once had as Mayor.

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Retired Staff Member

With people raiding the mayor etc, you'll be lucky to have 10k in the city money at any one time xD