1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gambling System

Discussion in 'Chronet v2' started by Medic, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I personally don't like gambling at all. It's ruined RP, and it seems like that's all anyone does, players with 10 minutes, players with 4 weeks. It's obviously unrealistic to rule it out completely. We need a system, something like a trade menu but designed to roll and force players to pay up. With this, we need a cap on the amount of money exchanged. People should not be able to freely make 100k off gambling. If you're looking at it from the perspective of actually making the money, thats a good amount of times worth of grinding. Along with this system, make it against the rules to /roll. I'm tired of dealing with gambling relating issues. They're very controversial and hard to prove, and honestly a waste of our time in my honest opinion. Clearly people aren't trustworthy enough to handle a system that comes with responsibility.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. KJM

KJM Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Agreed. Scamming happens way too often.

3. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    100% agree, seen too many people quit the server over losing it all.

4. AngryBaldMan

AngryBaldMan Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Andrew Harrison
    I don't know about the menu it's definitely a possibility. Back on LiteRP, we had chess and checkers, which you could place bets on that's something that could be added back for V2. As well as other commands. I doubt gambling will be that big at the start of V2 seeing as everyone will be starting off, I could be wrong though. But I do agree it seems gambling has made its way into the mainstream and is ruining the server economy. Something will definietly be changed about it for version 2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KJM

KJM Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Kids gamble literally anything..... I once went from 10k and finessed 10 kids and worked my way up to a mil.......... People will keep gambling low amounts with a lot of people to get money..... hopefully Im wrong :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Gambling became a huge problem. Back when the server was damn near full still people made the most horrific buildings out of props and there was so many, the server lag was x2 than it already was. Plus, as @KJM said, people literally were gambling everything and anything.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. KJM

KJM Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Literally worked my way up from 50k and a couple guns to this
    upload_2018-2-12_0-10-57.png
    upload_2018-2-12_0-11-22.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Apollo

Apollo Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Thankfully you perfectly abused the system to show the problem for exactly what it is bro. Gambling is ass

• Like Like x 1
  9. KJM

KJM Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    All it takes is a little bit of money and a specific pattern that almost always works

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rde Kun

Rde Kun Member

Roleplay name:
    Jerr Charko
    Agreed We could make it so there's a Maximum amount of money you can bet

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    this doesnt eliminate the possibility of people gambling in the current fashion or dropping money instead

giving the player the option is fine however you cannot regulate this entirely without crippling other key functions

12. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    /Roll wasnt originally intended for gambling. We make it against the rules to save us staff and other players the headache and call it a day.
    I agree gambling is ass

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. KJM

KJM Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Either keep it or get rid of it as a whole.... people will still abuse a max amount regardless

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I wanted to say that but i figured id get a bunch of backlash from regular gamblers. Id prefer it to be gone all together tbh

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alexander Brooks

Alexander Brooks Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Martin Lusso
    I would like to add to this, in my time on Chronet I have gambled from $10k to $1 Million+ 2 times and it's ridiculous. If there is a gambling system introduced, there needs to be a limit on who can do it, something like a minimum of 48 hours playtime. New players join, gamble someone for 500k etc. If they lose they quit if they win they continue to play. There also needs to be gambling limits such as how much you can bet and how much you can win A.K.A cut offs, this will help to stop the economy from becoming inflated. An example of this is when I won a roll for 80 Famas's and for a good part of 2017 I dropped the average famas price from $12k to $7k. This just shows how gambling can impact the economy so much. Gambling shouldn't be removed, but needs to be heavily regulated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    I had to sell my amazing minivan because of gambling and now I'm broke so I support gambling as long as my chances are high

which they're not

So yes get rid of gambling before I start gambling my clothing
    --- Post updated ---
    Honestly if their dumb enough to knowingly risk everything they have in a gamble they shouldn't be playing here. If you enjoy chronet enough to leave because you lost everything you are stupid for gambling everything... If your gonna be that dumb at least take the temp ban instead of losing everything

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  17. Ultra™

Ultra™ Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Kael Ilphelkiir
    Exactly, the original intent of the /roll command is to be used for roleplay purposes. Last time I got on the server, I talked with some people that didn't even know that and thought it was only meant to be used for gambling, which is honestly sad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    what are u talking about who said it was

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    The only examples I see /roll used in is RP scenarios in the rule book. With that said, I'm gunna assume it was intended for grey area RP scenarios and their outcomes.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1