1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flying South

Discussion in 'Goodbyes' started by One Million Ducks, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Million Ducks

One Million Ducks Retired Staff Member

Heyo. Before I go too into what is going on, let me make one thing perfectly clear. Chronet has been my home for several years now. I have invested a lot of my time getting to know you guys, making some of the best friends ever, and having fun. I do not regret any of the ten (almost eleven) weeks I have spent on Chronet.

Despite all of my great and wonderful times, I am going to be leaving for a while. I am enlisted in the U.S. Army and will be attending BCT this summer. I will not be back until sometime in October. Now, just to be clear, this is not a permanent goodbye. Like all birds, they fly south but always return home (/bad duck pun). However I do not know the extent of my return as of yet. I am going into an entirely new lifestyle. Because of this, I do not entirely know how my new life will be spent. Nevertheless, I am hoping to come back and still be able to help the Chronet staff.

I leave 14 June 2016. Unfortunately a lot of other "life stuff" has come up so the time leading up until that date may or may not impair me from being active.

Thank you everyone for everything. I hope you all the best. I am sorry for those of you I didn't get to know or make some kind of an impact on. Those of you I did, well... sorry.

Your friend,
    John :)

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Perm Banned
    Scrub join the Marines to be cannon fodder like real men. Thank's for your soon service. Had great times with you.

3. Markoozy

Markoozy Retired Sever Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    I don't like the military as I am myself a pacifist and I abhor most violence. However, it's your choice with what you want to do with your life. All I know for sure is that we will all fucking miss you. Be safe.

LOL this post got a lot of hate xD.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Perm Banned
    we are no longer friends

5. BuzzKillerer

BuzzKillerer Active Member

Well cya around, Thank you for serving your country, much respect ;)

6. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Owyn Maxson
    I'll miss you. :(
    I'll post my goodbye gif
    GET THE HELL OUT!.gif

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smitty

Smitty Active Member

But I just came back bby :' (. Anyways, good luck in the Army!

8. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I never really knew you that well, I mean, we've talked back and forth, here and there. You've been supportive of my goal I'm trying to reach, and I appreciate that. Whether or not I knew you well, or hardly at all, its shitty seeing another staff leave/go inactive. I'm glad you're doing good things. I have full respect for the military and those who serve. Thanks for taking part in it, I have more respect for our soldiers than just about anything else in this country. Thanks for the support you've given me, and good luck to you and serving. Take it easy.

9. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze

Enjoy daycare this summer :)

Nah just fucking with you, hope you do well in BCT

10. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    Don't get shot by Veno (Referencing an old forum game, if you don't get the joke, don't worry.)

I will miss you, Anatidae. You may have one million lives on the computer, but you've only one in real life. Please do not lose it in your service of our glorious Mother Russia glorious country of America.

11. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    I will never forget u BB and how just yesterday you and @Mewthree were playing Spongebob songs on my ts

12. thegrilandmuffin

thegrilandmuffin Active Member

Take care mayne, and remember if someone disrespects ya mayne blastem!

13. Zaptto

Zaptto Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    You guys do realize that privates that are rightout of basic training don't get sent straight to Iraq on combat missions, right? He isn't gonna fucking die, calm the hell down.
    Anyways, I've had a lot of family in the army, so I know how you feel here. Good luck, Ducks.

14. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Pretty sure only 1 person mentioned that... Plus, while we're on the topic, simply because he wouldn't get deployed right away doesn't mean he wouldn't get deployed at all...

15. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    My friends going to boot camp in June, then going straight to school to learn how to do his job for a month or two, and then going to be sent off in a different part of the world. Thats all happening in the next 6 months. I guess it depends on each person and whether or not they stick with it after boot camp.

16. Khypher

Khypher Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Michael Septim
    Don't come back and have flashbacks on us [/joke] Lmao on a serious note, Thanks for serving out country and it was awesome having you as an admin on chronet! Good luck on the front lines! :D

17. double0Zero

double0Zero Retired Scrub/Staff

You've been an absolute asset to Chronet throughout you're time here, and I want to personally thank you for going above and beyond with your help over the last few months.
    Over the last year or so there's been constant discussion about what an admin should be, how they should act and how they should be seen by the community and, although we've struggled to come up with definite answers to these questions, I've always valued your views incredibly highly as I feel you do the job as close to perfectly as we an see in this community, on the server and off. You say that Chronet has been a home to you, but don't forget how much of a contribution you've made to making it a home for others.
    Good luck with your career and training, and I sure hope you come back at some point, as it's gonna be damn impossible to replace you. :)

18. Klondike Bear

Klondike Bear Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Porpoise Dan
    Go fuck up them terrorists. Godspeed soldier

19. JB1701

JB1701 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Cole Ronson
    Well we had some up and downs on the server but overall it turned out great. We have been friends for just a little now and it is sad it has to go but thank you for all the help on chronet. I hope this isn't our good bye but if it is I am glad to call you my friend. Also good luck and don't let anything stop you and continue doing what you love.

20. bob sing

bob sing New Member

Its sad that I hate you But cried when you said that your leaving of awhile :,|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.