1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing additions

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by 400, Nov 24, 2013.

1. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    Perhaps we could add deluxe bait that increases your chances of catching fish/lobsters by 20%, but costs more
    Also maybe fishing nets that would allow you to catch multiple fish/lobsters, but takes 75% more time, and would have a chance at tearing (rendering it useless)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Veno

Veno Well-Known Member

Add harpoon for premiums only which makes you able to fish sharks and they sell for like 300-400$ each.

3. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

lets add killed wales that sell for 8000 dollars but its very rare!!1!1!211!

This is a joke don't take it seriously

4. Rhino

Rhino Active Member

Just wondering where exactly do you plan on catching sharks... In the little lake or the canal with metal bars on both ends? Or maybe the ankle high sewer water? Also I am pretty sure fishing is supposed to be one of the lowest paying jobs to do why add things to make payout higher.

5. Da' Brickshaw

Da' Brickshaw Active Member

Deluxe bait sounds cool. Or maybe chum to bring more fish?

6. CombineStalker

CombineStalker Well-Known Member

Guys, fishing needs to be nerfed to hell and back as is. Do you really want to make it even more OP?
    As I have said before, there needs to be a risk/reward curve, i.e. High Risk is High Reward, Low Risk is Low Reward. Because fishing has no risk as it is right now, it should have little to no profit.

7. Da' Brickshaw

Da' Brickshaw Active Member

I agree that it should be nerfed in the money it gives out but I think that you would have to pay more money to make a SMALL profit. And it shouldn't be premium only cause that's kinda pay to win.

8. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    Should payments be nerfed? Yes.
    I'm looking to add extra stuff to it to keep it interesting, I'm not as worried about the money itself. Fishing in itself can be a fun way to waste some time (I usually put on documentaries or read current events while fishing) and by adding different baits and methods to catch fish, it changes it up.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    *bumping this*

Price per fish should be reduced to $125 and lobsters should be reduced to $275 each, this in addition to breaking fishing rods would give fishing a proper nerf

10. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    How much is the current profit per minute with fishing? Including all expenses of buying the bait, fixing fishing rod, etc.
    Fish for 10 minutes, check profit, divide by 10. (or longer, whatever)

11. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    Profit per minute is about $750-$2500, but after an hour (since I usually tend to get lucky with catching lobsters) i tend to make about $30K

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  12. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Holy fuck. Really? How are you working that out.
    Fishing time is average 12 seconds. If you got a lobster every time, that would be 5 x $350 (Full eco price for lobster).
    That is $1750. Then you still have to minus the cost of bait, and your hook might break. Bait is $250 (with no tax). So that's already $1500.
    Also, still have to factor in that you don't catch something every time. So where do you get $2500?

Either way, fishing is the highest paying thing on the server, so needs to nerfed.

13. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    Sorry, I was thinking about the other day when I bought 35 bait to test out how often the rod would break in that time, and vaguely remembered how much i made, and divided it up by minute