1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA getting nailed on Reddit

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Canadian-bacon, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
  2. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
  3. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    I check 20 minutes ago and it was -390K, Fucking -10K in 10 minutes that's crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christ

Christ Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    It's at -519k now. They're probably not going to change shit for the first few months or so just to gauge how much of this bullshit they can get away with. I say this only because it's EA, and that's... Kinda their style. Also, not only are characters locked when you buy the game, but it takes ~40 hours to actually earn a single fucking character.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    Not chewbacca :(

7. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
  8. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa

Per usual.

9. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
  10. Christ

Christ Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    An older video, but still relevant:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    My response:
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  13. nflden

nflden Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dennis Krappenschitz
    EA literally did this

14. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    well
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]

15. K-9

K-9 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Johnny Mayfair
    I'm going to give you my thoughts on this whole thing.

Before I continue with this, I want you to know about me first then start talking about the history behind the loot crates, gambling, business tricks, pay 2 win items, temporally attention and what you should do about this.

About Me
    Now I haven't brought any keys to open any crates, why? There is three big reasons why that people never look into and I'm going to go though them.
    1. Loot crates are online, when a company is out of business = all your wasted money and items gone.
    2. £2 for a key to open a crate in Counter-Strike: Global Offenive is a lot of money to spend on a skin, I instantly sell free/gifted items on the market for games/software.
    3. Any items you buy for keys and open crates are not yours, they're temporally check the first list up there.
    What I do in the video games, new game comes out = wait for discount to go cheap as £1 or £2 this depends on the games I like to buy, wait for full free games on Humble Bundle, £1 bundles or Steam, check out reviews on YouTube on that game, I mostly buy indie games than less on big companies.

Basicly be minimal, save a lot of money, buy cheap and wait for stuff it's as simple as that.

History
    Valve are the first ever loot crates system made in Team Fortress 2 #1 Crate back when it all started on 30 September 2010 and not a single person went after them that started it all, Counter-Strike: Global Offenive next with Arms Deal Update back in 14 August 2013 and still no one went after them, because everyone loves Valve so this is obvious that people don't want to bash Valve because people just accept what Valve is doing, Overwatch came out on 24 May 2016 with loot crates this is where companies start copying Valve's idea and again no one went after Blizzard because again people love Blizzard and just accept it, I knew that companies are now copying Valve's idea because of easy money, H3H3 in 3 July 2016 post a video about "Deception, Lies, and CSGO" I will talk about this on the "Gambling" paragraph below, so what about now, well now everyone is going ape shit about Middle-earth: Shadow of War game having loot crates and Star Wars: Battlefront 2 using "pay 2 win loot crates" then removed, while no one is talking about PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS having loot crates in Early Access, welp I guess that's just the way it is, anyway lets talk about "gambling".

Gambling
    H3H3 in 3 July 2016 post a video called Deception, Lies, and CSGO, lets break it all down with my thoughts.
    • 1:58 - 2:14 "When you compare opening a crate in CS:GO it looks almost identical to an online slot machine. The only difference is that you have to be over the age of 21 or people will go to prison. Opening crates? Everybody's welcome! Kids invited!..." First of all there might be different age groups that want to do gambling in different countries, as for the children how do you know if there is children doing gambling on third party websites where did you get this from? I hate it when people say that small YouTube channels say to popular channels "Your audience has children, do something about it!" again where did you get this crap from how about their parent deal with their children and leave the businesses and channels alone, it's the parents fault for having children born and spending anything online, don't ever blame the children always blame the parent, simple, and what about people that are 21+ going on gambling sites, well I guess it's their problem and waste money and one last important thing don't let the government get involved with the gaming, they don't know jack shit, because if you let the government do something it's going to effect something else as well so just leave the gambling as is and Counter-Strike: Global Offenive loot crates, the difference here is retail gambling buildings the government do something while websites don't, that's the key difference here.
    • 3:20 - 3:28 "Their kids lost money and the parents came together saying, "Well, this is illegal, why are you allowing my kids to gamble on your site?"" And here's the problem, lets band together and fight this instead of talking to my children what to do and not to do online, lets make something illegal about gaming, no no you parents need to take care of your own children, stop being fucking lazy parents and start parenting, I mean come on it's in the fucking name parenting, instead of children help line how about the parent help line, fucking teach parenting 101.
    As for me with this whole gambling, let them make them all you got to do is control youself to not pay, but I guess that's up to you.

Business Tricks
    As everyone is trying to fight off Electronic Arts's loot crate pay 2 win system, they've taken it off, but just remember this line and businesses always do this.
    Picture.png
    Just wait for everyone to calm down for about 3 months then Electronic Arts WILL put it back.

Pay 2 Win
    I'm just going to leave this by saying people say pay 2 win in any game, it all comes down to your techniques, not the items.

Temporally Attention
    Now this is the important thing to remember and it happens to anything anytime, while all the people are talking about this Electronic Arts Star Wars: Battlefront 2, give it 6 months and everyone including me will forget about all this, besides what's the point in down voting a staff member on reddit, it won't do anything, it's just a number, making tons of voices online won't do anything, going out and protesting outside Electronic Arts headquarters will do something, but I guess that's never gonna happen, hell even any company.

What You Should Do About This
    Simple, let the parents take care of the children, don't notify the government about all this leave gaming as is, don't spend any money on any crates but again that's up to you, we don't have to make tons of videos to hear voices as such, it all comes down to your wallet.

And one last thing, I knew this was going to happen ever since the Team Fortress 2 #1 Crate back in 30 September 2010 before this video came out all along.
    At the end of the day this is not important to me because loot crates are not harmful or injured any living being, all those companies decide what to do with their games is their problem with the employees working there and customers decide whenever to buy them, there are important things in real reality life such as something that is being harmed and Injury in any living being, loot crates are pretty much here to stay, as for me, I'm just gonna carry on playing video games while all this is happening and other things happening as well, it's just the way it is.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  16. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    Thing is in CSGO they are just skins doest affect your game, tf2 I think it might, but battlefront there are even ways to get better aim-assist in a loot crate from what I saw.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    even in tf2 they have good debuffs most of the time

nd you can earn almost every kind of weapon in the game

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Doctor Freeman

Doctor Freeman New Member

Roleplay name:
    Hans Gruber
    Valve stated that they'd rather dissolve as a corporation than become EA. I am glad that Valve isn't EA.

• Old Old x 2