1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drug/Farming Balancing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simple, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    So apparently multiple money making items (drug labs, plants, stoves, etc) are unbalanced.
    I'm not really surprised by this at all, since I get very little feedback on what needs nerfing, and what needs buffing.

There are multiple factors that should come into balancing a 'money making item':

- Time it takes to produce a sellable item (Ie. drug, weed, cocaine, bread, etc).
    - Risk involved due to explosions or otherwise. (Higher profit if there is a higher chance of the item exploding)
    - Legal vs Illegal. Legal items should make slightly less money than illegal items. There is less risk involved with legal items as police are unable to confiscate/destroy them.
    - Economy selling price. Some items should be highly dependent on the economy, some items shouldn't.
    - Difficulty. Items which are difficult to manufacture should get more money.
    - Reusability. How many times can you use the "manufacturing item" to make the "sellable item". (This is something that should be properly implemented on all money making items. Ie. Stoves should deteriorate after a certain amount of uses.
    - Profit. Which relates to everything above.

May have left something else.

So yeah, please give feedback and discuss.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

Could put water bottles in better use by using them as cooling items. example: There is meter that has x number that shows drug labs temperature and you can cool it down with water bottle x amount, but there is still change that your drug lab will blow up even though you keep it cool with water bottles. (like it gets jammed and blows up).

There should not be so big different in red economy and green economy buying/selling prices.

Time that weeds grows could be 15min, drug lab 20-25min, Bread 10-15min.

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. Deaconator

Deaconator Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    jake conway
    here's what I have:
    Weed - not very risky, but doesn't sell for much (lower) and is rather economically effected. Pots can be reused, however seeds cannot no longer be reharvested. If people do not harvest the weed plants soon enough when they are finished, the plant dies and wastes the seed.

Stoves - Takes a long time to bake, sells for slightly lower currently and isn't really effected by the eco. But stoves should create sparks that can ignite all farming items.
    Sparks will only happen when the stove is active, and the chance for it to happen is based on how much the stove is used for. Finally, water should be needed for bread.

Printers: Creates more money (nearly twice as much) prints money faster and gets more paper from a stack but they have a chance to jam .Jamming needs to be fixed, which leaves the player immobile for up to 25 seconds and creates a large deal of noise when jammed. Cops are allowed to search if they hear that noise, and if a printer is left jammed for too long, it explodes and automatically blows up other flammable farming items (so printers, stoves, drug labs).
    printers still have a chance of catching fire, which raises each time it jams or prints money (5% chance to ignite when money is printer, raises by 2% every time money is printer, 10% if printer is jammed)

Drug labs: Drugs should be less effected by the economy. Drug labs can overheat and require water bottles to stop it from over heating. (basically what turska said)

Beer: Sells for little money and is effected by eco rather massively. However beer won't explode or do anything insane.

Coke: haven't actually seen it.

Finally, burning farming items cannot be put out with fire extinguishers, instead needing water bottles. Also burning stoves and drug labs cannot be put out.

TL:DR - Weed sells for less, effected by eco and must be harvested or the plant dies
    Stoves sell for less and are less economically effected, but create sparks capable of setting ALL farming items on fire.
    Printers are more effective but can jam, and alert cops.
    Drug labs need water bottles or they catch fire. they also sell for less and are less economically effected.
    Beer sells for less and is more economically effected. But it is legal and won't cause fires, exploisons and other stuff.
    Coke, no idea.

EDIT!

CHRONETNERF.png
    (I made this in paint with 5 minutes because I can)

ANOTHER EDIT!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    Beer definetley needs a huge buff, takes a long time to make, and produces little to no money.
    As for printers, I think that we should be allowed to have two again, because now it's much harder to make money with them
    Weed and Cocaine are fine, I think that the farming system for those has been greatly improved (waiting 15 minutes for 1-5 bags and possibly seeds is rather generous and very profitable)
    Drug labs and bread are still pretty good overall, and I love Turska's idea for using water bottles for coolant (gives them a good use and puts money to the city via taxes), possibly even put them into weed + coke plants to help them grow sooner + have a better chance (like 15%) of growing more bags of product (instead of 1-5 chance, more like 3-5, perhaps?), but sometimes putting water in could drown the plant and only produce 1 bag.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Deaconator

Deaconator Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    jake conway
    we need to nerf farming (apart from some things), not buff it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    It's very difficult to make money now, especially with the limited inventory now. Me, being the sort of person who gives many new players money, helps shop owners frequently, and just overall spends lots of money doing other RP things (not just buying guns for raids),I mean, like when I go mayor, and there's only $500 city funds, I'll often use my own funds to get the city funds to something like $4500.
    it's frustrating when over 8 hours of farming barely gets me $100k. During those long hours, I'm constantly fighting off raiders, keeping things from exploding, etc., and that costs money in itself.
    It seems to be in the nature of people to dislike those who put forth the time and effort to be successful

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Syotos

Syotos Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Syotos Garfin
    I agree that Money Printers need to be buffed cause $150-$300 every 10 minutes isn't very good. I also like the idea of the cooling system for drug labs and printers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

Money printers dont srly need buff cause there is bread,drug,weed etc. so if simple buff's printers total money grow of framing rises up too much.

Also Peter Griffin and Thomas you need to see the whole picture of farming and how money comes from it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    I think I do see the 'whole picture' of farming: you put forth time and effort into growing, baking, printing, producing drugs, etc, and hope that the eco eventually goes high enough where you can sell the stuff and get a decent to okay amount of money. I don't just then take that money, buy a shit ton of molotavs, and destroy everything

• Like Like x 1
  10. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

Is it necessary that you buy tons of stuff?

• Like Like x 1
  11. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    I don't think that you read my post, because I said that I don't buy a shit ton of stuff. When I'm mayor and desperatley need funds to get the eco high, I'll raise the sales tax to 50% and buy a lot of bread dough or something pricey so that I can get the eco high,but I don't buy ten million guns, or giant stacks of ammo, or thousands of molotavs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    If you really do want to increase the economy as Mayor (or another job) then I will add something to do that. Like being able to invest into the economy or something. Shouldn't have to buy tons of stuff to do it (Meaning don't need unlimited bank storage space for what you mentioned).

• Like Like x 1
  13. skyline232

skyline232 Active Member

Well the bank made farming super easy. While being a non vip money IS SUPER HARD TO EARN. You make incredible easy to farm as vip, making the server almost Pay to win.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    And now? Should be more balance now. Non-premium can store their farmed items in bank till the eco is good if they really want.

• Like Like x 1
  15. skyline232

skyline232 Active Member

Its alot better now, but my bank is pretty much full of useless items i had before.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    Even if we can do something to increase the economy, it's still kinda bullshit how 8 hours of non-stop farming leaves me barely breaking even, with little profit to show for it. It basically makes farming a giant waste of time (I've also noticed how most of the people on the forums and in-game hardly, if at all, farm themselves, and more often just stand around or go G.O)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dest

Dest Retired Trial Admin

There are plenty things to do besides standing around or going G.O. when not farming, like roleplaying. I really think you only need 100k to RP, especially since you can often make money by roleplaying.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    If that's actually true then farming does need to be buffed. But I haven't heard that from anybody else (That 8 hours of farming doesn't leave you with much profit).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

What changes have done after i got 1 million?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Unless you've nerfed it without telling anybody, it shouldn't have changed from previous farming experience - which was way too easy, so...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1