1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downtown Roleplay now online!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    i think his frustration is warranted considering the way simple has been handling this entire situation

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    No, what I'm saying is that the people on the forums are funny, some of the shit posted, Jesus Christ.

Believe what you want, the second one I don't disagree with what I said but that's after him blatantly ignoring what I said. I don't believe saying "The gun models look like shit..." is such a rude thing, like I sweared once come on it's not that bad.

The fact you were trying to defend simple is why I'm arguing right now, that's the only reason I'm being serious tbh. The rest of my posts I could care less for the context.

3. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

Well done.
    Also I don't really care about swearing, but you criticized Simple's efforts, barely maintaining any constructiveness (the only real argument presented being pistol damage which Simple himself said he could adjust).

Sure. My point has never been that no one's allowed to be frustrated. Simply that if you're getting this steamed about poor management of a Gmod server, to the point of harassing people in their forums, you should probably re-evaluate some things. And it certainly doesn't excuse some of the poor behavior there's on here. It's just immature. Be constructive with the comments or get out.

How people think their comments about how Simple ruined Chronet when dozens have already been posted are still necessary is beyond me.

Let the man work and help him, or just leave. That's where it's at, really.

And I've been following this community for years now, so I understand the frustration first-hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    I don't think commenting on a GMOD server website should mean re-evaluating your life if it's not positive..
    No shit half of it's Immature, after all of Simples bullshit, (all be it he did make a server which I enjoyed for 7 weeks playtime, so thanks to him for that) people have finally just given up, lost hope. Good for those who still have it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    simple doesnt actually do anything with our constructive criticism

there are countless threads concerning this topic and nothing is done with them

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

Then leave, don't spend your time harassing him on a forum. That's all I am saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Why are you posting then...? Bit hypocritical to your previous statement is it not?

8. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

Which is an issue, but the real question is why that acts as a reason for people to stay and talk shit about him.

This is almost like an abusive relationship. Y'all complain time and time again that Simple is this and that, terrible and whatnot, yet all of you keep coming back, get angry again, and repeat that the server is dead and Simple is awful.

This has been going on, quite literally, for years now.

I would argue my comments (maybe except the first one) are constructive and not just shit-talking. You're way off if you think I am actually harassing you (I didn't even name-drop in my initial comment).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    You don't think for a second people do this to try and get him to wake up and see? People want this community to live and without him it's not possible. Please, tell me any other way to get him to change his ways.

And no, its clear your not targeting me specifically.

10. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

My point was literally just that it's better for everyone to leave the community if they are upset to the point of harassing people. That's all. I didn't talk about Simple's efforts, the state of the server or anything. It was simply that if you're so upset that you want to comment on the forums with objectively unhelpful, rude comments, don't bother. This advice goes for every community ever.

It's not really up for debate. I think in some time, when you've distanced yourselves from Chronet and got a clear head, you will agree I was right.

And I'm out for now. My point has been made as clearly as I can.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. JustARegularPotato...

JustARegularPotato... Member

Roleplay name:
    Bobby Hive
    Honestly, @Dylan what are any of us still doing here? This server had its run of a life where the community was indeed non toxic and friendly and supportive and that time has passed. Sure, maybe simple can revive this and rise it back from the ground but until then the toxicity of the fourms will not change for the better. I do believe for a better future but it sure looks dim to me at least. Not trying to hate on @Simple but thats just my general opinion and many people could agree or disagree of this but I thought maybe it would be better to remember the good times and not have this toxicity but like I said, that might not happen. Who knows, time will tell. ;)

12. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    and with chronets dying breath we validate the machinations of its demise

• Like Like x 2
  13. Balbinus Calvus

Balbinus Calvus Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Henry Jones
    1. We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa.
    2. I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches.
    3. Tom got a small piece of pie.

14. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

I just hang out here from time to time when I'm bored.

15. Dunkersplay

Dunkersplay Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Kyle Vanderwerff
    What the hell are you doing Simple...?

Seriously, I leave for a month or two and come back, Chronet’s dead because of a server wipe that a few people warned Simple about, and then glitches appearing when attempting to walk.
    Chronet used to be fun, it was enjoyable. When the wipe was in discussion I stated that the wipe would doom Chronet, and if subsequently proved to do so.

We could’ve attracted new players if we didn’t revert to downtown, as many seem to enjoy Rockford and Evocity more then any variation of Downtown. As well, the announcement of “Version 2” should’ve been left until a week prior, but as it shows, @Simple doesn’t have that patience.

I don’t want to sound like I’m attacking him, cause I understand people have their own lives, and he has put a lot of work into Chronet. I want to return to the server, but it’s hard when no one will join back because of the State of the server.

16. Aluminum

Aluminum Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    June Ronson
    It’s not the wipe itself that’s “doomed” Chronet, it was wiping BEFORE Chronet V2 was ready for launch.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    pretty muc

18. thegrilandmuffin

thegrilandmuffin Active Member

Chill out guys Chronet is just hibernating and we got a epic secret dev coming in a month. its gonna be awesome

19. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Yeah lemme just learn GLua real quick and start developing for chronet undercover xD. I'd be surprised if anyone still gave Chronet the light of day at this point lol. Arma 3 is better anyways.

20. thegrilandmuffin

thegrilandmuffin Active Member

Come on Loxxy u gotta think positive. You dont wanna miss v2 now that Simple got KAI and ANGRYBALDFELLA 2 dev 4 it