1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SUGGESTION Court overhaul

Discussion in 'Chronet v2' started by Sebastian Prome, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    When the ChronetV2 update comes out it would be nice to have a whole new court system and I would like to suggest some ideas...
    First, I think we should change the rule that court isn't a requirement. Now I understand the mayor sometimes doesn't have the time for this, but everyone is allowed court irl and I think it should be the same here. When being arrested it should be a rule that everyone should be allowed the chance to have a court trial, and to fix the mayor problem - onto the second suggestion.
    Second, to fix the problem with mayors not always being available for court we should add actual lawyers and judges. (If people support this suggestion let me know how you think this should work out) Personally, I think the judges should be somehow selected and lawyers that are good, work hard, are experienced, and have been a lawyer for a while should also be able to become judge which some type of exam or test could be done for these. (Adding a lawyer and judge job is obviously pretty dumb so maybe we could add a job with everything the same as citizen or perhaps a name popup or something) Now for mayors that need something to do and would like to give people court may be judges I guess if they want.
    Third, we should somehow add some type of jury to court trials. I suggest we make a rule or requirement that before you start a trial you must get 2 or 3+ citizens to act as a jury that haven't witnessed the crime and are ordinary people. The jury will impact the court trial a lot.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. CombineStalker

CombineStalker Well-Known Member

I disagree, I think court should stay optional as something mayors should use as a selling point. Sometimes there are not enough people, and sometimes mayors are role-playing as dictators, so it wouldn't necessarily work to force court always no matter what. And lawyers should remain citizens: if they suck at it, oh well. The defendant should have found someone else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    Court is too much of a hassle for everyone. Finding a jury is near impossible as everyone is always ganged up together, the mayor usually doesn't want to do it, and when I was admin, I had to deal with people shooting up the court room to save their friend and rdming the random civilians that came to watch. Court should remain as an option and should only happen if all involved parties agree to have a trial.

4. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
  5. Rondell

Rondell Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristan Hartmann
    They could add a small job to the Government Officials where you can be a Judge, far as vehicles, and what-not, I'm not entirely sure about that, but this would help the Mayor out a lot while he/she busy or just doesn't want to. Maybe fix it to where they do a vote on who gets to be Judge? Like they do Mayor.

6. AngryBaldMan

AngryBaldMan Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Andrew Harrison
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.