1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerns with Jack Traid

Discussion in 'Staff Complaints' started by Loxxy, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

I was not going to post this particular complaint so forgive me Jack but his admin application was closed so I will have to post this here. This is not necessarily suggesting this administrator should be demoted.
    Admin In-Game Name: Jack Traid
    Steam ID of Admin: STEAM_0:1:115857579
    Reasons: Inactive & Is not able to effectively administrate the server
    Other Reasons: Loses his temper easily and Abuses his power -
    Approximate Time and Date of Incident: Entire Admin Position Duration
    Very rare to see this administrator on the server and I believe that they are not longer able to administrate the server due to their inactivity.
    Additional evidence can be seen with their ban history: http://chronet.com/bans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=42&advType=admin
    Their bans apart from them handling ban requests recently has been very inactive and they show little interest in join the actual server as seen in the picture below:
    [​IMG]
    In comparison to another admin:
    Hammy
    [​IMG]
    Scorpean
    [​IMG]

My reasoning here is that, if you're going to ignore admin applications because they are inactive, then I don't see a reason not to ignore Admin promotions for the same reason.
    Regarding the "Other Reasons" it is due to my experience with him as a whole in addition to things I have been informed by other admins where he has abused his power in the past.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    Due to the time, I'm going to respond in 5 short points for now.

First point (As seen in the stick titled "Read this before posting a staff complaint")
    Please only post a staff complaint if you feel the admin is abusing their power, etc. Do not post a staff complaint if you were wrongfully banned once, that is was ban appeals are for.

Seeing as the argument here seems to be: "I am not currently as active as other admins"

Second:
    I was on the server just this morning. If you would really like a list of names I would be happy to give them to either @Stiggy or @Simple (As I believe they are the only ones with power to handle this.) I have been on at other points and dished out a few warnings, and even a ban at one point yesterday or the day before.

Third:
    I fail to see how my bans history comes into this. There is more to being an admin than dishing out bans. Fair enough, there are many times where a ban is needed but that doesn't mean they are needed every time.

Fourth:
    If you wish to compare my GMod to other games then maybe the week I had marked as "Elite Week" was a bad choice for me to make. As me and my college friends had planned to give the game a go again to see what's new.

Fifth:
    After checking my app, I see no comments from you for some reason.

I am not giving the full story here. However do not wish for it to be public. Should senior staff wish to know I will gladly tell them provided it is held within their secrecy.

3. Loxxy

Regarding your first point, Stiggy said any complaint belongs in this section.
    Regarding your fifth, the comments were removed because it was basically a complaint and I was asked not to post such complaints on the application. Thus I am posting them here. I know you're implying I am breaking the rules, but I am simply moving them here as Stiggy does not want drama on Admin applications. (Similarly to Brunnea's Application)

Your activity is tiny compared to other games and compared to other admins, you knew this yet you posted an admin application anyways. In addition to your activity, you can say that a ban is not always needed, however something is clearly wrong when you only ban about 3 times a month and this seems disproportionate to other admins and the state of the community at the moment. It is clear that the only way you are able to administrate the server is through ban requests while what the server is requires is a group of active admins who are able to be active in the server to uphold the rules. However as stated previously, posting a staff complaint was not initially my intention, I simple wanted to state my concerns in your admin application but I must put them here as the application has been closed.

4. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    When I put up the app (And the for the first month or so of Trial) I had been playing CN non-stop.

Disproportionate? That implies that every admin encounters the exact same Issue, and within the timeframe they play.
    We both know such a statement is false.

Being an admin is not a full time job. It doesn't bring in the money to pay rent, or give you an excuse to skip education.
    And before you repost that image of the past 2 weeks*. This half term week was an event week for Elite. So me and my friends agreed upon making that game our thing for the week. Despite this, I still took myself away from my college friends whenever I was contacted and asked to get on (Except in one circumstance in which I was too tired to play anything, and ended up sitting in my chair staring blankly at my screen most of the night. (Sorry again JBL).
    The week before this "Elite Week" (If I recall correctly [Excluding Saturday and Sunday]) I was rather inactive on steam altogether. Sure I was online, but was I playing anything? Truth be told that my laptop had issues with FPS last week (12 FPS on office CS:GO minimal everything? I cry.)

*I don't feel obliged to respond here but I'll give you some more info.

I shall only be responding to senior staff from this point. And would once again like to state that only they shall hear the full story.

5. Hammy

Hammy Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    Since I seem to be the common comparisons with all of these staff complaints I would just like to say, am I active? Yes. am I active more than the usual admin? Yes. Am I a little distraught that I didn't get full admin? Well of course I am, I'm human. Are there people I think could/should be more active? yes. I'm not here to say the things that I am, I want to ask that I be left out of this mainly because if anything, this hurts me becoming full admin.

6. Brad Bates

Brad Bates Premium Member

snip

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  7. Apollo

Apollo Server Admin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Out of 336 hours, you only played 7.2. Sounds a lot like me when I was still staff. I did everyone and myself a favor and resigned. If the inactivity keeps up, there's a suggestion for you. Clearly something seems to be getting in the way of playing GMOD. I don't see a point in being an Admin when you can't play. Just my two [​IMG]

8. Hades

Hades Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    I agreed with the sentiment. We need our staff to get more active. However, that doesn't mean I agree that we should get rid of someone due to not being that active. Maybe If the inactivity continues, by whatever. I mean, I feel that an inactive admin is better than no admin. We already lost a horde of our limited selection of admins. We can't really afford to lose too many more. I say we stop getting rid of admins and start recruiting.

9. Apollo

Apollo Server Admin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Recruiting would be nice if it was done more frequently, but it isn't, and won't be. I never said about getting rid of him, but only suggested resigning if he doesn't have time to play. Thats it

10. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    Alright, f*** it.

Seeing as this is being pursued I must assume that the people I told of my position were good to their word on not relaying it. Thank you to you all.

As some of you know. The place I was staying at while I have played Chronet was not my own, nor was owned by family.

Best way to put it. Me and some others were staying at what could best be described as, the house of a family friend. This was to say I was not asked for rent or anything, as there were plenty of rooms. Just after my college's E: D group event (E: D week) I (Along with others) was kicked out.

I was declared homeless and am in emergency accommodation. A single bedroom flat for 3 of us. As it is E-Accommodation, I cannot get broadband installed. And use about 1GB of mobile data (All of it) A month on games that are low on internet usage/demand. Hence: E: D in a special mode.

The only other times I am on the internet are:
    When I am at college.
    When I am at someone else's place.

In neither of these places am I able to administrate. As when someone invites me over and asks me to play a game with them, it would be rude to just go on a game they don't have, when it is their house, and their internet.

So yeah, in a shortened version that's my reason.
    To be honest, I see no reason why I should have given it out. But it seems I'm guilty until proven innocent.
    Let me ask all of you this:
    Have you ever been accused of doing something on purpose/with malicious intent, when you had none/were not purposefully doing it?
    How have you felt? Even on minor things?

How about this one:
    Have I ever accused anyone of doing something n purpose/with malicious intent without valid justification and certainty?
    I'm pretty sure not, as I always say to people, if the evidence is circumstantial, it's useless. I'm sure I pointed that out in one or two BRs as well.

Last of all:
    Seeing as @Loxxy was the one expressing their concern and I did not intend to give out my reasoning, I shall tag you here, so you may know.
    (Seeing as anyone can see it now)

But I must say, If you and some of the others I hadn't spoken to about in discord had no clue, I'm glad. It means I'm good at hiding things, and I don't intend to be a burden on others in these scenarios.

11. Loxxy

Your activity was an issue before any of this. But I don't really give two shits anymore. This can be closed now, along with my other complaints @Kai

12. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    I really don't think inactivity was a real issue here. I had seen him many times while this complaint was posted

13. Loxxy

Nope.

14. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    Actually loxxy. let me be clear when I say this as I seem to have missed it:

The others who were with me found out in advance. As such, they kept me from finding out. By keeping me occupied in various tasks on the internet. Which included as you and others who were in the discord may know as my college's mini e-sport, and misc gaming tournaments. You have assumed that you know when this started. Unless you would like to call me wrong. Anything else about my life that you know but I don't to be said here?

15. Loxxy

Let me be clear when I say this as I seem to have missed it:
    1. Triggered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.