1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complaint against Kai

Discussion in 'Staff Complaints' started by Joshua, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Joshua

Joshua Member

(please delete this post, retracting complaint)

incident is taking place on the chronet website

I am being told I can’t play on this Garry’s mod server because there was a ban due to a hack? I was just trying to connect from my other computer.

This Kai individual then accuses me of lying as if there’s something I don’t even know about regarding this situation.

I’d like to get this resolved.
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1p6cF476frRck5WeHh3VWNVYmM Image of profile in question

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
  3. Christ

Christ Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
  4. Joshua

Joshua Member

Well, I'm telling you right now it's giving a false positive... this is ridiculous.
    --- Post updated ---
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1519361 People are having these issues around servers everywhere too. I have no reason to "hack" your server, I wouldn't have paid for premium when I did in the past if I thought I was going to go around hacking servers which I don't even know how to do..
    --- Post updated ---
    "The thing is not every anti-cheat is going to be perfect. It's not going to be 100% foolproof. There is always going to be false positives aka innocent people falling through the cracks of the program/system. We don't want to punish people for actions they have not committed (not hacking but rather falling through the cracks of the system). That's why it should not be used to automatically banned people, but rather used as a warning/alert to the staff about potential hacker." You can see here that it's an issue too with others: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/cake-anti-cheat.41269/ Yuki

and non of you are even trying to listen to what's happening.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm retracting this complaint. Please kindly delete this posting.

5. Kai

Kai Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Ash Conway
    Those sources are all third party and irrelevant to the issue here.

The first refers to players who join servers with sv_allowcslua set to 1 which allows you to run clientside Lua. If you are informed at all, you would know 99% of Gary's Mod hacks/cheats require the ability to run clientside Lua, we have sv_allowcslua set to 0 which disables this functionality on Chronet. The only way to use CS Lua on Chronet is to use a bypasser.

The second source is an opinion of a third party, which is essentially cherry picking results to match your own confirmation bias.

You were detected for clientside Lua execution, something on your end triggered that detection. Cake is far from perfect, there have been few harmful (autoban) false positives in the addons past, there are obviously provisions in place so that when they do occur CAC will at most only kick you, I'm sorry but I'm going to trust a well tested and reliable system over another players word.

If you really want to dispute your ban the only other option I can suggest to you is to contact Cake regarding your detection ID (we can provide this to you) as he has verbose logging for each detection, server logs are a lot more broad and simplified. If you can provide definitive proof that you were indeed caught in a false positive then we talk about your ban more.

6. Joshua

Joshua Member

"The thing is not every anti-cheat is going to be perfect. It's not going to be 100% foolproof. There is always going to be false positives aka innocent people falling through the cracks of the program/system. We don't want to punish people for actions they have not committed (not hacking but rather falling through the cracks of the system). That's why it should not be used to automatically banned people, but rather used as a warning/alert to the staff about potential hacker." You can see here that it's an issue too with others: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/cake-anti-cheat.41269/ Yuki

and non of you are even try
    I’d happily talk to whoever I can to prove you wrong.please send info.

7. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
  8. Joshua

Joshua Member

Wow Kai, you guys must really get a lot of abusers: [​IMG]

Ton's denied.

9. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    I don't see how Kai doing his job amounts to a complaint or even worth a reply concerning the way he handled the BAs (Properly, might I add)

10. Joshua

Joshua Member

It’s a question of character. Do these people all deserve to be denied as well? It’s not for me to decide this, it’s a mere observation..

I was denied mine and I don’t even hack.. so..

11. Christ

Christ Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    It looks like a good bit of those bans you listed were denied because they were about to expire anyways, making them rather pointless. I'm not sure if you were just too damn lazy to actually read them or you're just continuing to try to put the staff in a bad light to get yourself unbanned. Either way, this is a piss poor argument. If you can actually prove that Chronet's anticheat DID in fact ban you in error, which Kai detailed above where to start, then you may get somewhere. However, trying to play the blame game even after you've apparently retracted your complaint will get you nowhere.

12. Joshua

Joshua Member

It's not a question of being lazy, it's just the fact that there's just a huge number of denied associated with the same person who denied my request even though it was a false ban.

Kai did try to detail above what I did wrong but I didn't do anything wrong which is quite frustrating because he's trying his hardest to justify a false ban.