1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please do not post threads relating to our roleplay server here! You can post RP related things here!
    Dismiss Notice

Community Vote/Feedback for Community Manager

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Medic, Aug 8, 2018.

?

Who would you like to have as CM? Pick 3

1. Kai

2. Medic

3. Silvershine

4. Aluminum

5. Christ

6. Deaconator

7. Chance

8. InfantHades

9. Canadian Bacon

10. James Newman

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    So staff applications were popularity contests too? This was intended to be similar or close to the same without doing invidious applications because that’s not an option.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. RitzyStudios

RitzyStudios Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Evan Pooter
    LMAO vro it's better to keep to yourself when people are triggered is what I was saying and your whole post proves that.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    What? You actually make no sense in this post. If it's saying that I'M triggered, I'm afraid you're wrong honey bun... <3

4. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    this is actually a meme lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    Guys this is just a vote no need for long thought out arguments over stupid shit

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Yeah I’m having simple delete this. This is a joke.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    I'd rather you didn't because there are some actual good discussions on page 1, 2 and 3. This entire thread contrary to your friend's and maybe your own belief was really calm and productive until your friend started claiming everyone here was crying and complaining.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mr.City

Mr.City Member

Is that the only thing that you can take away from the entire post? Like I said, there are a lot of people here who have an interest in seeing Chronet get back to its old self, and restarted again. And what no one wants, is a retired staff member saying that it's going to fail. If you think it's going to fail, then why are you even here? If you hate the community so much, then why waste your time being apart of it? I really don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    I'm actually fourth place lmao

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    Just add my name to the list and we’ll really see the community speak for the next leader

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    #KJMandHisPartnerJamesGambino4Management2k18

12. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    id say otherwise but no matter how crystal clear i make my stance, you wont accept it.

even right now you're making a large assumption and it is hella unrad my guy.

13. Tommo

Tommo Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Lolcouch Lampshade
    "most active server admins will be selections"
    "members that are evidently still active"

right, it seems you forgot a few people medic . and put a few people on that are gonna get voted coz they're popular , and not because they were a good staff member.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    As I’ve also stated numorous times there’s limit number of slots and there’s no way for me to remember everyone and I can’t check a list of who was staff before. Also apologized in advanced. Also already stated I’m open for anyone to take a shot on trying even tho I said I was only going to do Server Admins because history shows Server Admins -> CM. If I started adding people who were below Server Admin I’m sure it’d be a shit storm of how under qualified people are on here. Not that I think that HAS to be the qualification, but people will complain about it. I didn’t purposely add people because they’re popular. As I’ve also already stated it’s not in my authority to say who should or shouldn’t be on the last so I put everyone on the poll who I remember to be the more active staff before it closed. Yes I realize a person or two was demoted. No I can’t edit the list because it won’t let me. And as I’ve already stated the polls were more as a list and don’t mean anything to me, I care more about the feedback, and I see nothing wrong with people writing someone else in. So regardless if the poll was or wasn’t there people could still ask for demoted staff to be CM, and if anything would be more of a troll fest because me adding the list made people think they were restricted and couldn’t just put literally ANYONE because it’s not super realistic.

15. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    I'm confused, which one is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tommo

Tommo Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Lolcouch Lampshade
    nor is having deac on that list but swings and round abouts am I right

17. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Which one is what? Which one matters? I think anyone in this community knows that if polls are involved it probably won’t matter, that’s why I didn’t understand the parade that was over it. Just like the staff apps it relied solely on the feedback. If Simple did give this a look, which there’s no point because this turned into a debate on how other unmentioned methods would be better than this, he’d be lookin at replies and probably looking for commonly mentioned names. As I’ve stated it functioned more as a list and since it was there I was curious to what results would show. The way Finally did it was how I envisioned everyone to do it

18. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    The first two pages are literally one of the following:
    1. Person is giving their opinions on why they think a certain person(s) should get CM.
    2. Person disagrees with the above.
    3. Person is giving their opinion on why the community doesn't really have a say in CMs.
    4. Person disagrees with the above.
    5. Person celebrating those who are winning in the polls.
    I really don't see how this is a bad thing. Maybe it's not what you wanted but it's not a debate. It's a discussion, sure some people are a little more aggressive than others but there isn't any drama nor is this thread on fire. This is what feedback looks like. Of course you'll get some people trolling with dumb suggestions or people being a little more aggressive in their arguments but it's really not as bad as you portray it to be. I think the first two pages at least are very informative for people to know what's actually going on with CMs. If people think your idea is dumb, then deal with it, no need to portray the entire thread as a dumpster fire when it's not. Your friend too.

If you wanted for us to vote and only vote, then you should've made it a strawpoll and left it there. Ignored all of the other posts and looked at the poll only.
    --- Post updated ---
    Additionally, here you talk about how you'd like to help and that this will be the easiest way to decide a CM and once this vote is over we can give them CM and they can start getting admins on. See here you never mentioned anything about how "the list doesn't really mean anything", you instead imply that the list will probably determine the CM and that's that. This is a very bad method of deciding a CM for reasons I have already stated beforehand, but because of the text in bold I don't know why you'd be surprised of people criticizing your method, especially if they thought that this was the way a CM was actually going to be picked.

TL;DR: It's a discussion, it's not out of hand, take the criticism and let people have their arguments about who they think should be CM and how picking a CM should be done. It's a lot more productive than just voting.
    --- Post updated ---
    PS. I can make a new thread if the replies bother you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Yes there was good discussion, but like I said I wanted this to stay on the straight and narrow relating to who they thought was personally qualified and why. This is nothing different than serious threads back in the day that needed to stay relevant strictly to the concept of the post which led to the removal of them if they got to the point that this did, Ive seen it on plenty of occasions. And it wasn’t to silence people, it was to avoid clutter to keep it simple. The discussion is on topic in some ways but it’s not in others. Either way, the amount of back and forth about how the polls are shit and whatever else people had to say, he’s not going to look through this. This thread doesn’t do him any good because of the cluster of discussion that’s all over the place that’s about the thread rather than actual candidates. I envisioned what finally did with a few side conversations here and there for clarification and minor discussion. That’s not what this is.

I realize in the description I wasn’t very clear, but as someone who’s widely aware of people’s opinions on polls, I assumed it wasn’t going to be taken super seriously which i didn’t expect people to. I mean common sense really should just be applied. History says simple doesnt go off polls. And as stated before by someone, if you don’t like the polls or the post overall, no one said you had to comment so you shouldn’t have to begin with. N you all keep saying “take the critiscm”, there is none. It’s either about how someone isn’t on the unofficial list I made that I couldn’t fit anymore names on, or the polls at the top. Critiscm is based on mistakes typically, there really wasn’t any it’s straight forward, leave a productive comment on someone you’d like to see as community manager, do the poll if you’d like. This was overly complicated, and still is being overly complicated.

20. Finally

Finally Well-Known Member

Alright, so, this poll was not the most thought out thing in the world. I personally don't think a poll should reflect the outcome of selecting the community management team. My original post reflected that, rather than voting who was a suitable candidate for the job, I posted a quick synopsis of why I don't think they're qualified. I felt as though a simple "yes" or "no" is not enough, and any answer should be substantiated to a certain degree. The arguing though is not useful, and the arguing is just being raised by people who chime in "Vote and leave." to the people that post a somewhat pessimistic point. If you'd like to have a better poll system it should simply be a write in where you must state the reason why you think this individual would be a suitable candidate for CM. Doing so would prevent the arguments currently on this thread, and keep the poll more honest. Currently, the vote is just a blind pick that would allow any member from the community to choose randomly with no recourse.

An example of the kind of poll I'm saying;
    (I'd personally use Surveymonkey)
    Username(Please also link your Chronet profile Eg; http://chronet.com/members/simple.1/):
    Selection (you must choose one, but have up to three choices.)(Please also link their Chronet profile Eg; http://chronet.com/members/simple.1/)
    Prospective community manager 1:
    Why you feel they're suitable for the position:
    Prospective community manager 2:
    Prospective community manager 3:

Additional notes:

^Something like that.
    Lastly, the point I digressed from, at least something had been said on who should be used as a community manager. Almost forgot to mention that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1