1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please do not post threads relating to our roleplay server here! You can post RP related things here!
    Dismiss Notice

Community Vote/Feedback for Community Manager

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Medic, Aug 8, 2018.

?

Who would you like to have as CM? Pick 3

1. Kai

2. Medic

3. Silvershine

4. Aluminum

5. Christ

6. Deaconator

7. Chance

8. InfantHades

9. Canadian Bacon

10. James Newman

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    When I said arguing I meant complaining. Confused the key words because I was half awake. I was just addressing the complaining of the post because of wrong impression. I encourage discussion and always have, so I have no problem with what’s being said. Just wanted to clearing up the confusion some people seem to have.
    --- Post updated ---
    I’m humble and I always have been. Anyone who actually knows me knows that. You’re making assumptions when I haven’t talked to you on a personal level is probably 2 years or close to it.
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree with everything you say along with what others have said. It’s a serious role, and if the old CMs want to come back that’s great. It just seemed like a lot of them were uninterested after all the inconsistency. I was just thinking ahead. The old CMs were great and knew how to do there job. This wasn’t intended for disregarding the old ones and putting new ones in for no reason, I just assumed since he was looking for CMs the old ones didn’t mention returning and he was looking for a whole new roster.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. InfantHades

InfantHades Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    I agree with most of what you said. However, I believe that nobody on this vote is fit for this CM role. One of the main reasons I agree with @Brunnea when mentioning,
    We shouldn't leave this to a popularity contest because it won't show who's the most competent, but only who people like the most. That's not necessarily the best option. In truth though, everyone's shown that they're unfit in one way or another, at least from what I've seen since I first became staff. And yes, I include myself in that statement

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Including Kai and Stiggy? I'd have to disagree.

4. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Fair enough, don't understand how you can get complaining and arguing mixed up though, even if you're half awake, since they're QUITE different.

Kai?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    Hasn’t stiggy left the community ? Did he say he would come help ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Stiggy isn't on the poll.
    --- Post updated ---
    He has spoken with Finally and Simple about it. I won't speak for him, but I heard he was open to it.

7. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Yes, he’s been done for a while. It’d be nice to have him back.
    I think it’s pretty evident that the poll really doesn’t mean anything considering we did staff related things based of actual feedback like on staff apps. Considering I made it clear in the title “feedback”. I did the poll more based on curiosity for myself and a list of some kind to go off. If the OG CMs would return we’d all be happy about that. Even though it was tough with the time zones it’s obvious it’d be a lot easier if that was the case. Stiggy has been done and I haven’t seen any sort of public announcement he may return.

Simple asked for community input, so I expected people to do what @Finally did. I guess the poll was more of a list to go off. I mean if people who haven’t been staff or we’re trial feel they’re a candidate that’s fine I’m open to anything, j just did server admins because from what I know it’s always been people who’ve climb that got CM. This was supposed to open. I just provided a list which I wish I could have added more but I couldn’t, and I honestly expected this to go a lot differently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mr.City

Mr.City Member

I'm going to give my two cents on this argument. Someone mentioned that we shouldn't make this a popularity vote, based on who we like. Simple said on the announcement that he wants the community to decide. And this is the best way, I believe. Should we keep presidential elections "internal"? No, because that's not how it works. Everyone gets to have a say, and in the end, a majority of people will be happy. Here's the thing, you guys say it shouldn't be who everyone likes. But, if we get an unlikable CM, then it's going to be bad. It should be who everyone likes. I remember a few years ago when everyone was pissed off because the admins were terrible and no one liked them. If the majority of the people like the CM and know that they had a say in it, then a majority of the people will be happy in the long run. I don't believe that Chronet is going to "Choke on its own intestines". I believe it is going to be a success, and very clearly there is still an interest in it. If you think that Chronet is going to "Choke on its own intestines", then I think that you should just leave and not look back. There are actual people here who want to get Chronet back up and running, and have a positive change for the community. There is just no place for people like you, who says things like that. Without mentioning names, you know who you are.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    I'm gonna quote myself here.
    It's most likely that Simple still wants the community to choose admins, which is absolutely fine because they're the ones working with our community. However, this new CM role as stated above, isn't what you might've thought of before as a CM. The CM will be responsible for most if not everything while Simple is away or unavailable and his presence won't be there to do actual admin work such as ban trolls, etc, but rather to manage admins, promote/demote them, work with the developers and also make any announcements that are needed. Possibly even rule amendments.

If the community were to choose a CM, the choice would literally be from a handful of 2 to 3 people. Because like it or not, Simple cannot trust any random ex-admin that people like with the ENTIRE Chronet network.

Simple's lack of trust was literally one of the reasons why Chronet died out in the first place, and he's going to hopefully give some people a chance to run it autonomously for him now, but appointing any random community appointed admin as CM would likely result in failure and Simple would not be willing to try it ever again, especially if those people damaged Chronet even further.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr.City

Mr.City Member

That sheds some light on a few things that I did not know about. I think that in the end, the decision should be up to him, but I also do think that this poll is very useful for Simple to be able to see what the community thinks.

11. Mooo

Mooo Member

pretty sure kai is a developer for another server...

12. RitzyStudios

RitzyStudios Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Evan Pooter
    This poll was to help Simple see what the community thinks of the people nothing more nothing less, all of you stating that this is a horrible idea etc. are the reason why this community has gone down the drain. Just being blunt and honest but if you want anything to come out of the current state of Chronet, Simple needs help regardless if its a poll. This should be a simple click 3 people you could learn to trust (or already trust) and call it a day but no there is complaining and bitching as usual. Seems to me all of the people complaining don't really want this community to sprout again because this thread was made to help simple not create drama which a good majority love to start. GET OVER THE BS and cry somewhere else please.

It's not like simple is gonna hop on this thread see who the top 3 are and promote them based off that info this is just to see what the community thinks of these candidates. (I know there are more that could be listed but as @Medic said he couldn't add more people to the list)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Means nothing.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'd refer you to @George

We're not complaining so please read the posts before posting, I'd rather not copy pasta verbatim explaining why this is pointless for this specific instance and why your argument was already shown to be invalid.

14. RitzyStudios

Roleplay name:
    Evan Pooter
    I'd refer you to
    You're continuing this whole argue thing that I was just talking about. Stop. Think. Pick your people or don't and move on.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    You clearly don't understand the point of this entire thread. Medic himself said he doesn't mind discussion. You assume that we're all just complaining and are getting involved by claiming we're just complaining and crying. The title says Vote/Feedback and it is evident the only one looking for an argument here is you. We're simply having a discussion and you coming into this thread saying everyone is crying shows that you are clearly misinformed and are just trying to be toxic. If anyone should stop it's you.

Please read all of the posts in this thread before you make a misinformed claim about what is going on. You are making yourself look stupid.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Yikes, you're actually using the arguing as a defense point, Medic at least made it clear he didn't mean that, but rather "complaining".
    I was actually quite surprised to read this seeming as everything else you said in that other, pointless post, just repeated what Medic said but in a stupid manner, pretty much defacing all of what Medic tried to say as it's clear you're here to try and defend his post for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    damn y'all acting like you are hard @everyone

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. RitzyStudios

Roleplay name:
    Evan Pooter
    I fully understand that the post title says "Vote/Feedback" and feedback is expected but not of the magnitude where it becomes a shit show of people complaining about how the post itself was a bad idea. you made good feedback in some of the things you said as the community manager gets more privileges etc. I did read what was said before FYI.
    I shouldn't have to explain myself to you as you seem to have your panties in a bunch over this whole thing. I did not use arguing as a defense point more or less using it as a way to keep the rest of this post relaxed and not a shooting range of who's opinion is irrelevant and not. what he said was repeated in a shorter manner by me because it is true (IMO), I don't need to type something out like its a 10 page essay about how bat shit is good fertilizer for plants. It doesn't change my opinion if I did that now would it? Also I'm not defending the post by any means it could get deleted and I would give literally no fucks. As to why I am here, I'm here posting a similar opinion as Medic because WE as a community have to help simple pick the staff in some sort of way and this post was made for that reason. Have a good day.

19. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    [​IMG]

don't try to be vague if you're gonna up and repeat what i said verbatim.

tl;dr community input at least here will ultimately be a popularity contest or who can get their friends to rush to their aid

like many people i know.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    What? You don't have to explain yourself because you assume I'm upset? You actually have the mentality of a child. Nice of you to explain yourself though <3
    Yes you did.
    You really haven't read the previous posts, have you?
    No.