1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please do not post threads relating to our roleplay server here! You can post RP related things here!
    Dismiss Notice

Community Vote/Feedback for Community Manager

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Medic, Aug 8, 2018.

?

Who would you like to have as CM? Pick 3

1. Kai

2. Medic

3. Silvershine

4. Aluminum

5. Christ

6. Deaconator

7. Chance

8. InfantHades

9. Canadian Bacon

10. James Newman

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I told Simple I'd help out in any way I have, and I've always been dedicated to Chronet, so why not help organize building the future? I figure this will be the easiest way to do this, and I don't know if anyone thought to do this, but it'll probably be the most efficient way to go about this. After we get CM's nominated, we can proceed with CM's deciding on Server and Trial admins and make threads with polls later on. I'll only be placing names of people who have been server admin previously, not trial or below for obvious reasons of qualification and experience. Only recent, most active server admins will be selections, or members that are evidently still active. If I'm missing someone, I'm out of slots for options, so I guess just write it in.

If anyone on this list does not want to be a candidate, feel free to state that so everyone's aware.
    Be sure you leave some feedback to why you picked your three so we know :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    James Newman got demoted before the mass demotion I’m pretty sure but yeah good idea

• Like Like x 1
  3. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    yeah you should remove james..... major L

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Deaconator

Deaconator Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    jake conway
    yeah i'm willing to be community manager again

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    upload_2018-8-7_22-10-42.png

6. Deaconator

Deaconator Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    jake conway
    but it's wednesday i don't understand

actually i'd like to add hammy to the poll tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    [​IMG]

• Old Old x 1
  8. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    I feel left out

• Like Like x 1
  9. Finally

Finally Well-Known Member

Kai, Yes. Long time respected member, although he has some rough edges.
    Medic, You should remember this. You no longer even know what's going on with the community. I do like you on a personal level, as I do for several people on this list, though it should be noted I don't feel like you're qualified for the position at this point in time. I could see you doing admin work though.
    Silvershine, could be an admin, not sure about a community manager.
    Aluminum, He's popular, having said that, not sure if he's suitable.
    Christ, He's a cool dude, don't know if he'd want the position anyway.
    Deac, 100% no, only wanted admin to troll.
    Chance, Don't know why he's on the list, to my knowledge, he destroyed the Chronet discord and was a bad CM anyhow.
    Infanthades, Fickle, moved to Nitoria, wants to keep a position of power.
    Canadian bacon, same thing as aforementioned.
    James Newman, Gave up on the community before the complete downfall of Chronet.

What we need is someone like Stiggy for example. I never saw eye to eye with him, and he's the one who called for my demotion in staff, but he was fair, just, and although not active all the time, was a pillar of the community. Now I know I am going to get a bunch of hate because of my past actions, but I do care about what is going on, and if you want the community to be built right, the staff needs to be right. This poll is a misrepresentation of what needs to be posted, by a member of the community that is out of touch with the community anyway.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Finally is right about 90% of these

11. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Are we not allowed to staff two servers? I'm more interested in Nitoria's Mafia RP gamemode anyway.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    arbitrary list is arbitrary

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    How is this arbitrary? Simple has always promoted Server Admins to CM, and these were the most recent/active.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    #brunnea4cm

15. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    i think i am proof that activity does not equal quality.

among other things, considering who the people in this community are, this poll is a joke.

16. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    *uses somewhat agree rating*

17. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    You know I'm right.

This is one of the main reasons why Chronet wont last long:
    The Community hasn't changed. Or grown up. Almost everyone that's been posting here in the past few weeks is the exact same, if not worse, than they were a year ago.

Chronet will choke on its own intestines all over again with people like this.
    Folks who bring out rules when it suits their needs, and kick em out when they're a hindrance.
    People who play against, well, the spirit of the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Finally

Finally Well-Known Member

I should add a caveat. Although I am being quite negative, we need to have a very stern standpoint on choosing staff to help establish the community to a point where we can be lenient towards the player-base in the beginning. If we have a coherent staff team, and a solid development team, I could see Chronet coming back. I know I am not always the most serious person, but I do care about the betterment of the community. Whether I'd like to admit it or not, The community had an impact on my late teens, and I'd prefer the community not to go out the way it's going. So seriously, please try take my posts as of recently at face value. I know that this is a game and all, but I do have some attachments with the community and would like to see it bounce back.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    If and when Simple decides this, he knows who is and isn't deserving and worthy of the position. He wasn't completely uninformed. I'm just trying to help, and it's not in my authority to decide who automatically should get scratched off. As a past staff member, I'm being neutral by including everyone. If I pick and chose who I thought should be on here, that would be completely biased on my behalf. I'll remember the past in reference to the future, but I'm not gunna feed off it because clearly it breeds negativity. He needs help in deciding who's worthy or should be. If you have any other efficient method in doing this, be my guest.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    If you were actually neutral you would've added all Ex-Staff members.
    Finally, Stiggy, Timo, two of which who have shown interest and actual dedication to this community. Two of which who are verifiably more genuine than 98% of the people on the list you provided.

If you were actually neutral you would have neglected to include yourself, and allowed the people to decide whether or not you were worth the spit. As this is apparently a pseudo democracy now.

Simple will quite possibly never be 100% in the know of what is actually going on in his own community. I can't speak for him since I don't know him personally.
    Then again, you don't know him either.

But in the end, you're almost right.
    Simple will decide this. It will be ultimately subjective on whether or not the person is worthy. At least it would be if one was a nihilistic fuck.

I would assume that you remember WHY Simple did away with polls when it came to deciding on Staff members.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1