1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronet's Two Year Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Today, 24 October 2014, marks the 2nd anniversary of Chronet.

2 years ago today some of us were anxiously waiting for the 24th October 2012 to arrive, waiting for the coming soon countdown timer to reach 0. Now, 730 days later, here we are.

Last year (for our 1 year anniversary) I wrote a lengthy post, which involved thanking all the people that helped Chronet getting it where it is today. If you wern't around back then, or missed it, be sure to check it out here: http://chronet.com/threads/chronets-one-year-anniversary.2406/

This year I'm going to keep things a bit more casual, and probably shorter. But let's see how it goes.

It really is crazy to think it's been over 5 years, all the way back in 2009, since I (and some of you) started being involved in this community. I really do think it's quite an achievement for us to still be here today, I would never have thought back then that buying Garry's Mod would have changed my life so dramatically.
    Although I made (and for some reason published) my first website when I was 12, True-RP was the first project I was involved in that actually meant anything to people outside my real life friend group and family. I started meeting people from around the world and it was the first time I started coding things that I was excited about and which influenced other people (I had coded lots of stuff before - HTML, Python, VB, etc; but True-RP was the first time that I coded something and people actually gave me feedback - a huge motivator). Fast forward to April the next year (April 2010), Core Strike Network was born.
    It's weird to think that you've changed another persons life over the internet. People occasionally get in contact with me and tell me how Chronet (or predecessors) has changed their life or how x and y has happened because of the community. Just thinking of a small example, if I were to release a RP update the night before a persons test, and they ended up playing all night on the server and failed their test the next day, that persons day - or maybe even week - would have been changed. I know this is a bad example, but I couldn't think of anything better on the spot. Anyway, the point is, I'm sure that True-RP, CSN, or Chronet have in some way (even if small) changed peoples lives. Meeting a friend through the community is probably something that has happened to most of you. It's always great to hear about situations like that too.

I've tried to keep the word 'I' out of the above as much as possible, because it's not just me doing all these things. It's everyone in this community we call Chronet. We are a community, and a community is full of people who share a common interest. In our case, gaming and most likely Garry's Mod. These last couple of paragraphs have turned more into a blog post than a anniversary post, but the TL;DR of all this was that one should always keep in mind that for every friend of your on Steam, or member browsing or posting on the forums, or for every player you meet in game - there is a real life person sitting behind a computer somewhere in the world.

So to all of those real life people out there who have contributed to this community in some way - by playing on our servers, posting/rating on our forums, etc, and especially to administrators - a huge thank you! I know I've said it before, but without you, Chronet wouldn't exist.

As for updates and celebrations, please bare with me while everything falls into place. Standalone gamemode, hats, halloween update, competitions, website upgrade, hats - a lot of things are in the works. First priority is the standalone (non-DarkRP) gamemode, and I hope to get a dev/test server up this weekend.

And now to hint at the future, 2015 should be the most exciting year yet, and I'm extremely excited for what the future holds. But more on that next year!

For now, thanks again to all of you, and keep being awesome!

Until next time,
    Simple

PS. As of tomorrow, Chronet will be longest running community of all 3. True-RP lasted around 6 months, CSN for 2 years, and as of tomorrow, Chronet with 2 years and 1 day :)

PSS. It would be great if those from back in the day (True-RP or CSN) could get in touch me, always nice to hear from people I haven't spoken to in ages. Hats too.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Morgan Hunt

Morgan Hunt Active Member

Well said Simple. I look forward to continuing to be apart of this community and seeing how it continues to flourish in the years to come.

3. Finally

Finally Premium Member

Happy anniversary Chronet! I may not have been around in the beginning but Chronet is still my home :)
    celebration:

4. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    Happy 2nd anniversary Chronet!!! I really have enjoyed this community throughout the time I've been with it, and I look forward to seeing it grow even bigger.

5. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    Looking forward to another year of CN

6. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    Yahoo! Another year of Chronet, and this promises even moar great stuff than last year! Yus!
    Chro-net!
    Chro-net!
    Chro-net!

7. Veno

Veno Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday! :ninja: Great speech.

8. Unkown4454

Unkown4454 Active Member

Happy anniversary, guys.

9. Turska

Turska Premium Member

I still keep Chronet as one of the best birthday gifts of all time. my birthdays on 23.10 so thank you @Simple

Happy birthday Chronet!

10. One Million Ducks

One Million Ducks Retired Staff Member

Hard to think I have been here the time I have been, and how proud I am to be apart of a growing, flourishing community like this (I can't even imagine how others who have been around for longer feel). Chronet honestly has been a beacon in the dark for me. I don't know how to say it in words, so I will go with thank you, Chronet.

11. Deaconator

Deaconator Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    deac caldari
    It's hard to believe I've left a community twice in a four year span.
    I r8 chronet 8/8.

12. Timo

Timo Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Kate Hicks
    Happy Birthday "Corestrike?"!
    No matter what it's called, happy birthday!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sym

Sym Member

Glad to see it's still around.
    I joined the server around October 30th, and spent Halloween laughing with my friends as I ran around trying to make a fortune.
    I made an account on the forums in December of that year, and created this one when I lost the password to the other.
    Two years later, I've got a half a million dollars in-game and have put roughly $150 in donations to the server. Not much to show for it, but I still love the server and the times I've had on it.

Though, Chronet has become a sort of release for me now. I am a Super Admin on a serious RP server, and sometimes it gets tough, it's always great to fall back to a familiar place with a lot of people that I've come to love.

Thanks for holding up, it's not easy to do and you've really created something wonderful.

14. Amarok

Amarok Retired Staff Member

Well, a huge thank you from me aswell to everybody that once was or still is active in this community and I greatly enjoy my time here.
    Happy Birthday!

15. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    This might sound weird some of you, but I just want everyone to know how much Chronet has changed my life. I have very few good friend IRL, so Chronet helps me fill the gaps that I have.I just wanted to thank you guys for simply accepting me into this community and accepting me for who I am, a gamer, as I find it hard to get accepted anywhere else. My life isn't easy, but you guys really give me the comfort that I lack elsewhere in my life. I haven't been here long, but I plan to stick around for a long time yet.

<3, Markoozy

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HeavyWeaponsGuy

HeavyWeaponsGuy Active Member

Happy motha fuckin birthday chronet you beautiful piece of shit!

17. SychoRyan

SychoRyan Active Member

Happy birthday, Internet family.

• Like Like x 1
  18. double0Zero

double0Zero Retired Scrub/Staff

19. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

Though I'm not active anymore, I'm still happy to see you going strong! :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. CombineStalker

CombineStalker Active Member

Yay... gotta love 2012 chronet, doe... the rise CC, the police shotguns that blew down doors, the 15 people mass farms... it was kinda chaotic but fun.

Then there was 2013... where CC vanished, farming started to decline and RP started to increase, and police could no longer shotgun doors liek a baus.

Then there is 2014... where lots of people made a BIG FREAKING DEAL about leaving chronet forever, and dropping all their crap... then coming back 2 days later. Also, there was a FREAKIN BUS ADDED WHOOO WHOOO. Semi-serious conversion also started... And I imagine there is more to come.