1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronet's One Year Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Hello everyone!

Today, 24 October, marks the day Chronet was founded! One whole year ago from today we started our journey for world domination to become the worlds best gaming community.

I'm very proud of what we as a community have achieved, and I couldn't have done it without you all. After all, a community is nothing without, well, a community.

There have been a lot of up and downs over the past year, but every time we have come out on top and pushed our way through the bad times. I have 100% confidence when I say that nothing (besides nuclear war) is going to stop us.

So a bit of the community history. This time of the year (End of October to the beginning of November) also marks the anniversary of when our first community was founded, True-RP. In October/November 2009 (We don't really know for sure), GeForce and I set on to create True-RP, a DarkRP server that was like none other at the time (And I'm happy to say Lite RP is still like that today). Not many other communities out there can say they've been going for 4 years, so a massive congratulations and thank you to everyone who has been with us since the early days. Then Core Strike Network was founded in April 2010, and closing down in April 2012. Then on 24 September 2012, Chronet was announced to the public. It would be launched at the same time as Garry's Mod 13, 24 October 2012. Here we are another year later, 24 October 2013.
    Anyway, enough nostalgia for now.

Since 24 October 2012 we have had almost 1000 users register on the forums, another accomplishment which should not been taken lightly. Almost 20 000 posts too. Over 15 000 people have joined the Chronet Lite RP server. We're almost at 2 million pageviews on the website too. Unique visitors to the website are around an average of 450 a day. These stats are something to be proud of.

Now to thank the people that have made Chronet (and all previous communities possible).
    Every single staff member - current and retired. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Managing a community by myself would be impossible without you gentleman. Thank you for the hundreds of hours you have put into the servers and community since the beginning, each one of you are amazing and I really do want to thank each one of you: Double, Stiggy, Clawness, Juicy, Flaming Gabe, Timo, Shady, Diamond, BrokenWings, Arctic, Chance, Dylan, White Tip, Keybearer, Scorpean, Vesper, Ozy, Cpt. Nab, Phray, Cookie Monster, Deaconator, Kai/Aaron, Joel/Fred Slayer, Stanlee, Master-Guy, Vash, GeForce, Point Blanc, Dye, Sinbinsam, Hype, Ryan, Grim Reaper, Dr Seuss, K-9, Ingemazen, Soyaman, Harbeson, Mr Blackbird, and Armin. Lots of people I've mentioned are no longer with the community, but they have still helped shape the community the way it is today. I would be extremely surprised if I mentioned everyone, so feel free to message me if I forgot someone. Thank you to all of you :D

Then to every Premium Member/donator/donor. Without you, we wouldn't be able to afford our servers. And I wouldn't be able to buy McDonald's. Thank you for supporting the community :)

Then finally, to every community member/regular/player. Boy, girl, young, old, annoying, helpful, all of you have helped the community to grow to where it is today. You are the COMMUNITY.

Now. Let's get to the celebrations, updates and competition.

As you have probably all noticed, the website has received an update. Our forum software has been upgraded to the latest version - which brings a large amount of additions to the website. I'm not going to list them all, so you'll have to discover them for yourself. Two things I will mention though: the website design is now responsive, meaning it will work (and look) much better on mobile devices. Secondly, our website host has changed, which should give a big performance boost to the website and result in everything running faster (with less database errors). There are most likely bugs, so please report any that you find.

Next up we have a rather large Lite RP update which will be put on the server later this evening. Here is the changelog.

Finally, there will be a competition running to celebrate our birthday. Find out more about the competition here: http://www.chronet.com/threads/chronets-one-year-anniversary-competition.2412/

Once again, thank you to everyone who has made the community the way it is today.
    Let's make the next year even better than the last. I look forward to what the future holds :)

Over and out,
    Simple

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Amarok

Amarok Retired Staff Member

The past year surely was a hell lot of fun and we wont stop here!
    Cheers :D

Edit: First huehuehuehue

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Happy anniversary!

• Like Like x 2
  4. double0Zero

double0Zero Retired Scrub/Staff

Cant believe its been a year, wow. It's been good fun and I don't doubt that...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armin

Armin Retired Staff Member

True- RP <3 Happy anniversary Chronet!

• Like Like x 1
  6. K-9

K-9 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Johnny Mayfair
    Happy Birthday Chronet! :D
    :eek: Thank you Simple! xD

• Like Like x 4
  7. Turska

Turska Premium Member

Nice job all :)

now totally off topic why does my profile say im founder?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Wondered why when I changed my title nothing happened. Must have changed something else.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Deaconator

Deaconator Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Chris Cameron
    Happy birthday Chronet!
    also, dat admin list.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Timo

Timo Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Kate Hicks
    Happy birthday :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. JuiCY

JuiCY Retired Staff Member Premium Member

Congratulations to everyone! We did this together.

Now, it's time to own at that competition.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Clawness

Clawness Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Robert Wolf
    Very nice looking update as well! and Happy Birthday :p also my 1 year membership of Chronet xD Starting from True-RP, I am on an even longer streak! haha

• Like Like x 2
  13. Zaptto

Zaptto Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    Happy birthday Chronet! Here's to another great year!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dest

Dest Retired Trial Admin

I am happy to say that CN has truly become a part of my life.

There were many times where many thought we could not make it; but we pulled through together and we remained the cream of the crop in the large list of Dark Rp servers. I have made many friends and had a lot of fun here,

Here's to another year of chronet!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Unkown4454

Unkown4454 Active Member

I'm glad to be a part of this great community, as rare as I come on, I do believe this server is better than all the rest. I look forward to the future.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Veels geluk almal!
    Congratulations!
    Onnittelut!
    Gl├╝ckwunsch!
    Grattis!

It's been nice being here, thank you Simple for creating such a nice community, now please go on a diet and use the McDonalds money to send me a 10k computer? K thx
    And thank you for putting Armin as the very last person on the thank you list, he deserves to be at the back, but why is Double the first, is it because he always feeds first in Dota?
    Anyways, well done everyone! Happy birthday!

EDIT: I've been here since December 16th, I swear I played a few days before I made my forum account but I guess my memory is worse than I had thought... Anyways, I bought Gmod JUST to play on Chronet, my friend Navy bra had convinced me to buy it, and alas, that is when I began to be a mainly PC gamer, and my great journey of being the best on Chronet began (Which I accomplished in a day :D)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dielan

Dielan Member

:D

I haven't been here since the beginning, but I have been here since at least December 21st of 2012. (When my forum account was registered.)

In that time I've had a lot of fun, however, I was only really here from December - January 30th when I received my permanent ban, and then I was unbanned on July 16th 2013. Since then I haven't played as much as I wanted to (Farming was nerfed big time - presumably because of what I did with it :p)

However, when I first joined Chronet it was so much fun, I'd never had so much fun on Garry's Mod before (Chronet was the first time I ever took garry's mod seriously, and if you ever ran across me back then you'll know I still didn't take it very seriously.) I don't know what it was, it was just so "clean" feeling. I'd joined DarkRP servers in the past and thought fuck this bullshit, but on Chronet I just loved it. I think my favorite thing here was that I felt like money actually meant something, and you had to work for it. On other servers, there's people that bought premium and got a shit load of money for it, or they just farmed money printers that were overpowered and got to several million in a few hours. But I think what really drew me was the people that played on the server at the time.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Orange Fin

Orange Fin Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tent Wright
    Another day. Another dollar.

19. Goldwolves

Goldwolves Member

Happy birthday chronet! ive been playing on the server since January and not planning on quitting anytime soon. :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. CombineStalker

CombineStalker Active Member

Um, a off-topic question, but when gmod 14 or w/e comes out will chronet change names? If it does, how will we know the new ip? I DUN WANNA LOSE CONNECTION TO THIS SERVER!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013