1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronet's 3rd Year Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    We're 3 years old today!

Thanks and congrats to everyone who has helped get the community this far!
    Especially a huge thank you to the staff (both past and present), you don't get nearly enough appreciation and you deserve a big thank you.

My life has changed considerably over the past few years, and Chronet/Garry's Mod play a huge role in that. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for Chronet and the people that make the community the way it is.

We've come a long way this year and had some of the biggest milestones to date. We've successfully done what no other popular roleplay server has done, created a 100% standalone gamemode and made huge changes to the way you play on the server. Thank you to everyone who supported this risky update and change. It paid off in the end.

Let's make the next year even better than the last!

Cheers,
    Simple

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Ah, I see why you've been so busy as of late; making that anniversary banner must have taken you days!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. One Million Ducks

One Million Ducks Retired Staff Member

Three years, we've lasted longer than most relationships!

Fact: Most relationships were ended because of Chronet.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    Cheers, everyone! Let's keep this train a-going!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Da' Brickshaw

Da' Brickshaw Active Member

Congrats guys! Funny I come back and randomly check the forums the day of it's 3rd year anniversary

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    Congrats to Simple and the entire Chronet staff! Thanks for bringing this server to the top. Let's hope that there are more years to come!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Nate Westen/GetBombed

Nate Westen/GetBombed Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Orange Cube

Orange Cube Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Michael Boeno
    Yay

• Like Like x 2
  9. K-9

K-9 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Johnny Mayfair
    Crawnet.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Undead Bill

Undead Bill Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymon Zurich
    So can we get cone hats colored like birthday hats

• Like Like x 3
  12. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    3 years is quite the milestone, so much has changed since the beginning... It is amazing to see what Simple has done for the community, let's see how much better we can make it this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Richie434

Richie434 Member

Roleplay name:
    Kevin Duncan
    3 Years ago simple gave us a gift. a gift of gmod, a gift of a server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

It was a cold, dark December evening when I first stumbled onto this server. I was almost a full year into living in the Glorious People's Republic of New York under the venerable Chairman Cuomo. I spent hours hiding with a money printer in a closet in an unowned house just so that I could purchase some MAC-10s (that I did not mass RDM with I swear). Somewhere in there I started abusing Oxycontin, vaguely remember something about the minge-wars of the summer of 2013, something about about Kai shoving a frozen butternut squash up my ass, then me having a failed suicide attempt where I tried to overdose with placebo medication. I really don't know much other than I spent 8 fucking weeks on this server, and the vast majority of it was hiding in a corner of some base, getting fucked in the ass, and growing virtual drugs to get virtual money to buy virtual guns. Where the fuck did my life go wrong? 8 whole weeks, wasted, shooting kids, yelling at kids, trying to resist the urge to snap my laptop in half. I could've been a doctor or done something with my life, but NOOOO, I had to get home and grow fucking weed in a video game. God fucking dammit Simple; my failure as a man is on you. You made this.
    I had a promising future as an engineer, but was too busy basing and raiding to study math, or science. You know that I won an award from both the school and the state of New York for a hydraulic arm that I built? Yeah, could've pursued something with that.
    The funny thing is that despite no longer being a member of the community, or at least like I used to be, I wouldn't have changed anything if I got a chance to do it over (except I might've started losing weight sooner, but yolo) since Chronet helped me meet some pretty cool people, a lot of mediocre people, and a fuckton of retards who are holding humanity back. I'll never forget Veno raping me, Sikes blowing my brains out to get my drugs, or calling Flaming Gabe a fat Finnish Fuck, no matter how much alcohol I consume to try to numb the pain.

Anyways, I really don't know where I was going with this, so have this:

upload_2015-10-24_23-19-15.png

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  15. Deaconator

Deaconator Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tony Blair
    3 years ago in cn i yelled at a guy with a bob dylan avatar on how to get a gun

happy birthday chronet, ill never forget how i lost my cn virginity before my real life virginity.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. InfinityDaniel

InfinityDaniel New Member

Wow I had no idea this was around I would joined a lot sooner if I did! I like this site, and the role play server.! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

Wait, really? 3 years? I honestly think it's been longer, bruh.
    We've been friends on Steam for little over 4 years now. Next June will be our 5th anniversary <3
    Congratulations to Chronet! 4 years later and I still think of the fun I've had :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Casper

Casper New Member

xD 10/10 ign would read again xD that made me laugh

• Like Like x 1
  19. double0Zero

double0Zero Retired Scrub/Staff

[​IMG]

Late Reply, but I wanted to say a bit
    Big up Simple and everyone on Chronet, I'm so glad that 3 years into this community, and even longer into prior Garrys Mod projects, this is still 100% a passion project. Hopefully as Garry's Mod becomes more and more niche, we can still all have a lot of fun as part of the best community in the game.

I've been playing on Chronet and CSN since I was 13 and am now at University, it's been a great time, and I've met some great friends along the way as well as honestly having positive experiences that have helped shape who I am today. The potential for this impact on players new and old is what keeps me as involved as I can be despite not having time to actually play the game any more :)
    <3

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    >Well Played!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1