1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronet Roleplay Christmas Event 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    With just days to spare, the Chronet RP Christmas Event is now live on the server!

Due to time constraints and because everyone enjoyed last year's, the event will be the same this year. Obviously present locations and Christmas tree locations are different due to the new map.

The event is centered around delivering presents to the various Christmas trees around the map. Every 25 minutes, Santa will come in his sleigh and deliver presents. You'll need to work together to get all the presents under the trees, since the more players on the server, the more trees there are. There are 4 types of presents (Big, Medium, Small, Tiny). Each tree needs 1 of each type of presents. Big presents are the easiest to find, tiny are the hardest to find. You'll have 10 minutes to find all the presents, else you will fail the event. If you (and the other players on the server) successfully work together and put all the presents under the trees, everyone that participated will be given a cracker (which contains special items)
    Hop onto the server yourself and find out everything you need to know about the event from the snowman. The best way to learn though is to play the event. copypasta

Depending on how the next few days ago, I may or may not add some new items to craft from the cracker goodies. But let's take it as it comes.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the event.

Have a great Christmas and New Year everyone!

• Like Like x 5
  2. snoman7

snoman7 Member

Hope you have a great Christmas :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Hsu
    Yes I can't wait to play! Also some of the mailboxes and telephones have been replaced with cube blocks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Orange Cube

Orange Cube Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Michael Boeno
    yaya

• Like Like x 1
  5. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Hsu
    Sorry to ruin the mood, but there is a bug in which not enough presents spawn in when there is over 10 or so people on the server.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Simple

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Are you sure? The amount of presets spawned should equal the amount of trees (+ a few extra for small/tiny presents). Ie. If there are 10 people on the server, 3 trees will spawn - 3 big presents, 3 medium, +- 4 small, +- 5 tiny.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    There are simply not enough. I have been through the event several times with the entire server combing the map over, working together, and come up with nothing. If the point of the event is to get everyone working together, and everyone is doing that and still not succeeding, doesn't that take away from the point of the event?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Hsu
    I am very sure. I have gone over the event many times with friends and we still came up empty handed. Earlier today people completed it, but that was when there was only about 5 or so people on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Christ

Christ Retired Ban Request Overlord Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    I do remember one of the major caveats of the last time we had this was the current issue of there not being enough presents. When the population is small, it seems to be doable. However, I'm not sure if the right amount of presents isn't spawning or if people are being dickheads and hiding them. Either way, it does make it near impossible to complete at a high player count.

Edit: I did see a few dickheads kind people hiding the presents from people today. So that may be a major part of the problem. A possible solution would be to simply have a few less trees (and the same number of presents) so that it's easier to complete within the timeframe.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mewthree

Mewthree Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    After 6+ tries I could pretty much confirm that the event is impossible to complete. If there are too many people on the server not enough presents spawn to fill all the trees. And even with a small amount of people, the event still doesn't work. Santa just came 5 minutes ago with only 12 people on and still we couldn't fill all presents. About 8 of the 12 people on the actively searching the entire inner city and taco bell and still nothing happened. I have also yet to see anyone with any items except one person who I assume came on when the server was almost entirely empty.

EDIT:
    There were 10 people 4 trees spawned, not enough presents.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christ

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    I can attest to this. I've been active quite a bit the past few days, and I've yet to see the event actually completed. We seriously either need less trees or more presents to make this event doable.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sage Rasen

Sage Rasen Active Member

Honestly to me it seems not enough mediums spawn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Simple

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Updated server with:

- Amount of Christmas trees and presents to spawn equation changed:
    - Xmas Trees = Total players / 5.
    - Presents = Xmas Trees * 1.5
    - So if there are 10 players on, 2 trees will spawn, and +-3 of each presents type will spawn.​
    - Slightly rebalanced loot drops from crackers

Let me know if this helps.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Christ

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    I've been on with a population of ~6 people today so far, and we've been able to complete it easily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brandon Barber

Brandon Barber Member

I love the event but what grinds my gears is that people treat it like its a race to see who can collect the most presents. Yeah I know its timed and everything but damn, I seen people fighting and shoot each other for presents, it gets ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    Event still does not work with a population of 25-30ish or more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1