1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chronet Roleplay Christmas Event 2014!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    The 2014 Chronet RP server event is now live!
    Hop on the server and participate in this years holiday event!

This time round I've opted into something more casual, more fun, and more teamwork based.

The event is centered around delivering presents to the various Christmas trees around the map. Every 20-30 minutes, Santa will come in his sleigh and deliver presents. You'll need to work together to get all the presents under the trees, since the more players on the server, the more trees there are. There are 4 types of presents (Big, Medium, Small, Tiny). Each tree needs 1 of each type of presents. Big presents are the easiest to find, tiny are the hardest to find. There are a few other things included in the update, such as snowballs and hats.
    Anyway, hop onto the server yourself and find out everything you need to know about the event from the snowman. The best way to learn though is to play the event.

With the event also comes a snowy Christmas themed map! The server will be on rp_downtown_chronet_xmas for the next few weeks. Huge thank you to Kai to making this possible! Besides snow, the map also has various other changes.

A couple of things regarding the current state of the update though:

- We're having some issues with reflections (cube maps) the on the map. It will be fixed tomorrow (In around 12 hours from time of this post). To temporarily fix the weird reflections, type "mat_specular 0" in console. This also causes the shiny effect on things.
    - There are a very limited amount of crafting recipes and Christmas items. More will be added in the next few days.
    - You will currently have to download the map through fast download on the server. Will be uploaded to workshop tomorrow.

I hope everyone enjoys the event!

See you on the server!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. JJspy

JJspy Active Member

Make the new snow map the new map but no snow. It's a good map

3. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Map's awesome and the event is pretty good

4. Kai

Kai Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ash Wright
    Can I also remind everyone that if they do encounter bugs over the next couple of hours please can you make a detailed post about it! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    Great map, we should definitely keep this after the event is over.

6. Christ

Christ Retired Ban Request Overlord Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    The map is great. The changes to it really make it feel more roomy and easier to get around (Plus no more stuck bus drivers on the underpass) although one issue I've noticed with a low population (There were a whopping 3 people on when I could get on) is that not enough presents spawn to populate a tree. I sat through 3 santa arrivals and we found, in rough order of sequences:
    First time: 3 big presents, one small
    Second time: Two big presents, one medium, one tiny.
    Third time: One big present, two mediums, and I couldn't find a fourth. At this time we were down to two players.

Also, I've heard from another player that certain ladders aren't climbable and for whatever reason, when I was on, the hospital doors refused to open. I had to /bring people out of the hospital if they died or joined the server. I couldn't find the cause of this, but it's obviously an issue if people can't leave the hospital.

7. Veno

Veno Well-Known Member

Loving the christmas sock thing.

8. Simple

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Currently 2 x the amount of needed presents are spawned.
    Eg. If there is 1 Christmas tree, 2 x Big Presents will spawn, 2 x Medium Presents, etc.
    You're probably just not finding them (some of them are well hidden)

9. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    Me likey the event, because the first cracker I opened gave me GLUE!!!

10. Doctor Victory

Doctor Victory Member

The thing with the hospital doors is that the middle section of the doors refuse to open. The other sections open on the main entrance near the bushes, but the other entrance only the left side opens.

11. One Million Ducks

One Million Ducks Retired Staff Member

Aside from the obvious bugs (metallic glares, hospital doors), this map is truly amazing. I seriously like it more than the regular. I believe we all owe you thanks, Kai. Seriously good job.

Edit: I'll just list bugs here instead of making separate post.
    -Glitch with metallic items such as door knobs, ladders, signs, etc. that have a metallic glare.
    -Hospital doors are broken and do not open.
    -Windows that break partially seem to keep a mixed texture when the new windows spawn (broken window opacity or something, not sure really how to explain).

By the way, these bugs change nothing about what I said, this map is truly amazing and everyone needs to thank Kai.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  12. Aeri Tyaelaria

Aeri Tyaelaria Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Aeri Tyaelaria
    Doors in apartment (main entrances) are own-able and bug out badly / noise-spam when owned.
    Floor textures are missing from the lakehouse (link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=359408057 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=359407848 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=359407994 )
    Red warehouse door bugs up and shows missing textures, same as above. (also opens really weird).
    PD lockdowns will keep the shutters shut permanently
    PD shutter at mayors office is own-able
    PD Doors (The ones you buy) don't replace the world doors and do not show up (but the city still gets charged)
    It's possible to get stuck under the ice in the lake in certain spots, creating slow death zones
    It's possible to get stuck when the Christmas trees spawn (Suggest making it 'push' players away somehow)
    Crackers can be stolen (can this be changed somehow? So that two people must press 'E' on it and one of them MUST be the owner of the cracker?) by others, this could lead to arguments and RDM when crackers are placed.

13. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
  14. Kai

Kai Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ash Wright
    Then let it be a warning not to go under ice. :)
    Everything else should be fixed in the next compile.

15. Christ

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    The ice bug could possibly be fixed by having the water not have a current that pulls you in a certain direction, although I'm not sure how easy that is with mapping. As for the crackers being stolen, it's quite similar to the issue we had with the Halloween event where people would take other people's drops. I could see this being fixable by allowing the owner to physgun the prop and freeze it in place, then have it require the owner and another person press e on it within a 5 second threshold of each other. (So pretty much what Aeri said about the crackers with a bit more to it)

Also, @Kai, your map is the bee's booze. Remind me sometime when you're on, as I wish to give you a present in-game. I'd gift you on steam, but the holidays, bills, and school charges for the upcoming semester have essentially bankrupted me.

16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Perm Banned
    Being on vacation sucks :/

17. Christ

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    Sort of an addendum to my previous issue about presents not spawning:

They're spawning... In spots that aren't accessible without flying/propclimbing. I've found presents on top of the small lights on the red warehouse, on top of the theater, and a few other random spots that people couldn't normally even see, let alone get to.

18. Simple

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    You can definitely get them. Gravity gun has quite a far range.

As for not being able to see them, well, it's just a bit more difficult.

19. Aeri Tyaelaria

Aeri Tyaelaria Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Aeri Tyaelaria
    Problem is it's caused mild in-game rows with people blaming each other for "hiding" the presents so noone can find them. I've diffused a couple just barely...
    We have to remember most people (including myself) aren't good at prop-hunting. It might be an idea to move them to places like window sills or above doorways outside, rather than lights in warehouses.

20. Simple

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    I don't see the problem of having a bit of a challenge. Since the spawns are random (and 2 extra tiny presents spawn anyway), not every round will have the hard locations.