1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checkpoints

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Brian

Brian Member

I am just wondering what "admin" has approved checkpoints to be allowed in which officers force cars to stop so they can check you for weaopns etc. To me, this is an unwarrranted search and therefore shouldnt be allowed :/. Can i get an admin or any active member's opinion on this topic?

2. nflden

nflden Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dennis Krappenschitz
    It isnt allowed, which is why I actively refuse to help said officers when they are attacked when i play. Not to mention it always causes a pile up of cars and lag.

3. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I hate them. The last time I saw one, I issued 3 people bans out of the 5 people that were there. That clearly shows that people aren't capable of doing them without abusing/failing to do their job correctly, even after warnings. I went undercover, and the amount of abuse that was incorperated with it was just out of this world. I would be okay with open checkpoints, but not check points that are button activated.

4. Markoozy

Markoozy Retired Sever Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    I made a checkpoint out of two different systems, one with an arm bar that raises up and down and another with a garage door type system, but never with a fading door. The way I see it, checkpoints should be used to RP little checks with people checking ID and shit, but not searching cars or people. If not for the RP, it is always useful for when car chases start.

However, I would never allow checkpoints unless an admin was on at the time. They do require management, as they can very much go wrong very quickly.

5. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Thats exactly what the check point was. I guess another staff member okay'd it, and basically any car that came through they instantly battering rammed them out, and searched them.

6. Markoozy

Markoozy Retired Sever Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    No, no, no. I highly disapprove of the situation you described and I trust you took good action. I was more saying that It would be OK to set up a checkpoint, and for each car, the officer goes "Hey, can I see some ID?" then /me shows ID, then the officer lifts the barrier to let them through.

7. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Yeah, when I saw that nonsense I went undercover, and went from there.

8. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Wilfrid Clarkson
    I have created open checkpoints a couple of times and the way I have done them has been approved by an administrator. Here is what I usually do:
    • I build a cool looking open checkpoint station
    • This checkpoint has no arm, fading door, etc. (people could drive straight through if they wanted)
    • I often add an easy-to-drive-over speed bump simply for roleplay and to alert drivers to go slow
    • I only build it on the road, I do not cover any of the surrounding area with things like fences, etc. (people could drive around this checkpoint)
    • I clearly outline where to stop, any additional information and that you will be arrested for evading the checkpoint
    • I ask the driver for their ID and a couple of questions such as where they are going
    • I ask the driver if they could step out of their vehicle to search them, if they deny I allow them to carry on without a search

• Like Like x 1
  9. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    That's a checkpoint I'd have no problem with.

• Like Like x 2
  10. James Newman

James Newman Retired Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Well, I saw once that @Phray made a checkpoint as a citizen (I think he got authorization from the mayor). He asked every person to pay $5 (except the GOs), so I don't know...

11. FangTheGamer

FangTheGamer Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Alex Goodman
    That was stupid of whoever did that, we only ever ask for a ID. We even tell people to stay in their car, I think it adds a fun RP feature and something for the police to do. Honestly anyone could just go another way to leave the city. -Alex Bates

12. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Owyn Maxson
    I love checkpoints, they add onto the RP to me, yet too many people complain about them.