1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change the lenght of time for some bans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [Blade] Storm, Jan 10, 2017.

?

Should Gamersforlife15 be unbanned and should the ban lenght be changed?

1. Yes Gamers should be unbanned. Yes ban length should be changed.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No Gamers should be unbanned. No ban lenght shouldnt be changed

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Yes Gamers should be unbanned.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No Gamers shouldnt be unbanned

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. Yes ban length should change

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. No ban length shouldnt change

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  7. Yes Gamers should be unbanned.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. No ban lenght shouldnt be changed

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  9. No Gamers shouldnt be unbanned

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  10. Yes ban length should change

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [Blade] Storm

[Blade] Storm Member

Hi, I'm here to address the length in which some people are banned for when there's no evidence, Zero warnings, and no verbal warnings. For example my friend Gamersforlife15 he was banned for prop block but didn't have a admin come and say "Hey can you please move that cause that's prop block" But... He didn't he just straight up banned him permanently for prop block but the thing is he was AFK and if I do recall he didn't prop block cause I never saw it and nor did I think the admin did either. So all I'm asking is if bans could make a difference in length cause giving someone a perma doesn't help the person out at all it just makes them mad and frustrated because in my opinion its not reasonable but I know my opinion Is kind of worthless but know you might understand where I'm coming from.

Have a good day and thanks for reading my post
    --- Post updated ---
    Yea sorry bout that idk how to delete them

2. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    1. We aren't required to constantly acquire evidence as admins, that defeats the purpose of us being able to ban in the first place.
    2. Had he not decided to go AFK after propblocking, he would've seen a message, which asked "Why are you propblocking?"
    3. I would have clear evidence (which i'm sure would still be denied by your lying friend) if it weren't for two things; @Hammy The Gorilla deleting the propblock before I took a picture, and Demos being almost entirely bugged.
    4. You stating that "I do recall he didn't prop block cause I never saw it" isn't valid unless you happened to be at the spot where he was propblocking, while there was propblock.
    5. Why would I unban, or even lessen a ban on someone who froze a prop in an area that prevented people from doing something, and then lied about it after being banned?
    6. I believe @Goldwolves may remember the incident, he was the one who reported the propblock. He was Handcuffed at the time, and had went to remove the handcuffs, finding propblock in the way IIRC.
    7. I decided to go back into my demo, hoping to be able to get a clear picture of the propblock, but as demos are extremely bugged (for admins at least), I wasn't able to. However, I was able to get the relevant info from the console logs:
    He was banned at about 8:04 PM EST, which would be around 1:23:00 of my recorded demo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I waited roughly 2 minutes, seeing if he would come back, decided there wasn't much of a need to, as it was just clear propblock, nothing else to it, and banned him.

Perhaps if he admits to what he has done, there is a chance that he can find his ban appealed. Lying about it will get him nowhere however.

3. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    Nothing needs to change, it shouldn't matter. Propblock is propblock, and I don't understand why he would deny it. He should know that for his actions a ban length of that came with it. He doesn't need a warning to be guilty, he did prop block. Therefor making his ban completely fair.

4. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Let's go with

No.

5. Goldwolves

Goldwolves Member

I can confirm that the handcuff npc was propblocked by a small fence when i was trying to get unhand cuffed. I would have taken a picture of it but by the time i got my phys gun back the prop was gone

6. Lava_Master

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    I'm seriously getting mad about this constant complaining from Jack Rader and anyone else about his ban is completely rude and inconsiderate. I don't understand why you think that complaining about it is going to make him get a better chance of getting unbanned. You are digging yourself a bigger hole by complaining instead of dealing with it and not being rude, PLEASE!!!

7. Gamersforlife15

Gamersforlife15 Member

Read this "Cause giving someone a perma doesn't help the person out at all it just makes them mad and frustrated." Next, I was away from my computer and I was joining the game when I left. I came back with "Disconnect: You are BANNED! Please check chronet.com/bans" I did so then I saw that I was banned for prop block. Thank you for showing that I did prop block I had no Idea that I did all I want to do play with my friends again. Thank you for your great admin showing something. Now after I post this I am going to have the admin say that I did know and that I lied. I am telling the truth now I am going to be called a liar. That is what is going to happen. So have fun with yourself and enjoy chronet! One last thing do you know what AFK means?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  8. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    I think that this ban is completely fair. If @Gamersforlife15 wants to propblock and ruin other people's roleplay and experience with the server then he deserves the ban he got. I think that if you would stop complaining about the ban and admit what you did then you might have a better chance of getting your shortened.

9. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

People are banned because they break rules which usually means that other players get mad and frustrated. These sorts of rule breaks are more harshly punished. Now I'm not going to explain what precedent means but I will say this; saying "I didn't see it so it didn't happen" is not a valid argument, this should be a staff complaint or a ban appeal. It should not have been a community discussion.

10. Lava_Master

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    Everyone knows what afk means, but how does you afking have anything to do with your propblock? Being afk doesn't excuse what you did, and let me include the admin doesn't need to warn you. Again if you read the conversation I made with u, I include what you need to do to get a chance of getting unbanned. I am also guessing you haven't read the rules, and assumed it was ok. I advise everyone to read the rules before playing, and if you haven't already. Jack, you especially because I have known you have already had other issues ingame with rping. If you can prove that you are serious about rping and you do get unbanned, I will be happy to invite you back into the Rader family.

11. Gamersforlife15

Gamersforlife15 Member

Let me say this again I was going to eat something and my game was loading when I left. I was AFK. I was prop blocking but I forgot about it and went on with my real life. I left the game and loaded back in then I got banned. I am sorry if I pissed someone off. Truly. I won't do it again. I apologize. All I want to do is play with my friends.

12. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Well there you go. You were propblocking. You shouldn't be doing so in the first place.

13. Christ

Christ Retired Ban Request Overlord Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
  14. Lava_Master

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    You knew you were propblocking? Why didn't u log off when u went afk immediately?

15. Kai

Kai Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ash Fuchs
    This thread serves no purpose other than to help others deny any wrongdoing when they were obviously in the wrong.

Closing this now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.