1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

TRIAL Carter™'s Administration Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Carter, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Carter

Carter Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    Your In-Game name:
    - Steam Name: Carter™
    (Previously: CaveCreeperColtey, Carter Bates, Carter Bruce, Hitler)
    - Roleplay Name: Carter Goodman
    (Previously: Carter Bates, Carter Bruce, Carter Jerinoe, Carter Trischitti)

Steam ID:
    - STEAM_0:1:115208698

Proof:
    http://imgur.com/a/FqPtU

- You may doubt my abilities due to my age, however, think of another administrator. @BlueberryMuffin! She was only 14 years old when made a trial administrator.

Country & Timezone:
    I am in the United States, Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada) (UTC-05:00)

Server Playtime:
    - 3 weeks

Past Experience:
    Minecraft:

- I am a co-owner (2nd Highest Rank) on one of SlyPlaysMC's servers. I take care of any trouble makers, handle bans, kicks, etc.
    - I was a moderator (4th highest rank) on a Minecraft server (called WaffleCraft) and I watched the chat for any foul language, or any inappropriate items being discussed in chat, and made sure everyone was safe on the server, and not trading any vital information. I was able to successfully move through the admin reforms, and applied for Administrator (3rd highest rank), and got it. Shortly after that, the server was shut down due to lack of traffic.
    - I was a helper on a Minecraft server owned by the same owner as WaffleCraft. I preformed many duties, many that were discussed above. The owner of the server was YoshiGamer9.
    - I was a third in command of a group, and helped develop a server, called SkyDy. I was a builder/ chat moderator, and did several of the items discussed above. It was eventually scrapped due to a lack of traffic.
    - I was an administrator on my friend's Minecraft Realm world. I loved to roleplay on that server, as well as take care of business and report any wrong doing to the owner.
    Roblox:
    - I was second in command of a Star Wars genre group, and since the first in command was inactive all of the time, I practically had to take care of the group with clothing development, map development, raiding, recruiting, and dealing with the irresponsible high ranks due to complaints. The group then went to a new leader, which had no idea I was second in command, or what skills I had, so demoted me, and replaced me with a developer. I then reclaimed second in command when I started a hashtag in the group chat #Cave4Chancellor2016. Then the original owner reclaimed the group. It was about a 1.3k member group, and was called CRA, or the Clone Republic Army.
    - I was third in command of another Star Wars genre group owned by a friend called TRCA, or The Republic's Clone Army. I ran multiple items, like discussed above (clothing development, map development, etc) due to my friend not being on enough to care for all of the needs of the group.
    - I was third in command of a group owned by another friend. The goal of the group was to bring the old form of currency back, which the Roblox Developers had removed, unfortunately. I developed maps, which consisted of the training base, and some other Roleplaying and exploration maps. I also moderated the group wall, and made sure nobody was discussing inappropriate topics. Honestly, I forget the name of the group.
    - I am a co-owner (2nd highest rank) on another one of SlyPlays Roblox servers.I handle rule breakers, and make sure nobody is being inappropriate, or i'm taking care of cheaters/exploiters.
    - I currently own a cold-war 1980s type group called 'Arstotzka', which is based on the game 'Papers, Please'. I am in charge of about 200 people, with only 60 people when I came in charge of the group. So, I initiated over a 200% increase in members.
    - I currently own a 1940s-era WWII German group, which has almost 40 members. I am in charge of leading the group, map development, so on so forth.
    Real Life:
    - I was a student in an extra-curricular class that taught about leadership abilities. I had to create a whole essay in order to actually be accepted. It was a top-notch class, and only the people with the best grades, and best potential were allowed in the class.
    - I've taken a human-relations classes recently. It taught me how to defuse situations, and handle any problems that may arise.
    Garry's Mod:
    - I often play on administrative servers, and I look at all of the commands. I have also read up on some of the Garry's Mod administrative commands.
    - I have also watched some of @Medic's "Admin on duty" videos, to give me some information on commands. For example, /goto, /bring, /announce, /job, as well as some of the commands in the F4 Menu!

Have you donated?
    - No, but my friend has bought premium for me twice. I'm poor. :(

Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    - I believe I deserve to be an admin for multiple reasons, which I will discuss in the following paragraphs. I believe that I show multiple qualities that are required for the position of administrator, I love the server, and I can use abilities as an administrator to benefit the community.
    - To begin with, I believe I should be an administrator because I have multiple qualities that are beneficial for the position. I show multiple leadership qualities like perseverance, honesty, integrity, communication, cooperation, and experience in the field of being an administrator. I believe all of these traits are important to show when applying for something important, whether it be a job, promotion, certain position within a community, etc. I also show qualities of an administrator by trying to enforce the rules, and help new players. I try to inform players if they're breaking the rules, so that they don't get warned, or worse, banned. I also like to help people if they ask a question in out of character chat. Sometimes new players may ask a question, and I'll usually be one of the first people to answer it, unless somebody else already has it covered.
    - Moving right along, I believe I should be an administrator because I love the server. I already have quite a bit of playtime, and it's increasing each day I play. I honestly feel that if my application gets accepted, I'll try to get more hours in every day, and help the community. Plus, with my schedule, I have plenty of time open throughout the day in order to get on Chronet to socialize and administrate.
    - Last but not least, I believe I should be an administrator on Chronet RP because I can use abilities as an administrator to help the community. I know that if I am in an admin sit, I can hear both sides of the situation and make a reasonable conclusion, depending on if one person provides evidence or not. Also, if I find somebody at fault, I will take the proper procedure. I won't just ban them off the bat, I'll check their warnings, playtime, etc. in order to reach a proper conclusion. Now, if somebody would refuse to listen, and was clearly breaking the server rules, that would be a completely different scenario, and they would obviously just be a minge/troll, and deserving of a ban.

Extra Notes:
    1. I have a Corsair Yellow-jacket USB wireless headset. It has very good quality microphone, which can be adjusted.
    2. I speak good English. It is my first, and only language.
    3. I refrain from cursing, and try to keep a mild temper.
    4. I like to joke around occasionally, but when I need to be serious and take care of business, I will.
    5. I love to role play as a police officer, SWAT (when I was premium), or mayor, or create my own radio station, and sometimes open the tavern near Mesa Apartments. I sometimes make an RV park, too!
    6. I love Chronet RP and I believe becoming an administrator is the best way to help the server.
    7. I have never gotten into a hardcore dispute/flame war on Chronet.
    8. I know the rules pretty well (at least I think I do).
    9. I am on Chronet RP almost every day.
    10. I am on the Chronet forums almost every day, checking for alerts, and such. I usually check in every so often while I'm going along on my phone.
    11. I have never had a ban request put on me, been kicked, banned, or vote kicked (for a valid reason). I never try to make other people have a bad time on chronet.
    12. I have a good temper (I don't rage when things don't go my way).
    13. Even if I was promoted to admin, I would attempt to role play to the best of my ability, and help any new players!
    14. I have not gotten any complaints about my voice being incredibly high, or me being called a 'squeaker'.
    15. When I have an issue with somebody, and have no power in the scenario, it is just going to cause pointless arguing. I just try to isolate myself from the situation, and work it out later, and not take it out on anyone.
    16. I always try to assist players, whether it be via a quick OOC explanation or explaining something in-depth to the person in a one on one.
    17. I'm just starting to get back into Chronet, and I do have school, so you may not see me on 24/7, so you may need to wait until you see me on.

*I am usually available whenever needed.
    - If you happen to -1 my post, please give a reason why, so that I could improve. Don't be a troll, give constructive criticism.
    - I know some people dislike the Bates/Bruces/Jerinoes/Trischittis, and they have possibly done some bad things to you in the past, however, try to put those things behind you, and judge me as an applicant, don't judge the family I'm in.
    - Please just do not just judge on past experiences, because they can often be biased (For example, if I raided you, you may have a negative view of me). Read my application, and rate me due to my experience, and other factors. :)

Last Edit (Format/Grammar/Etc.):
    Saturday, September 2nd.
    3:21 EST

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Randmfrogman

Randmfrogman Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Drew Goodman
    Carter is one of the old breed of Chronet. And one of the only ones left. He irritates me by how seriously he takes following every little rule on Chronet. However that is a good mark of an Admin. I wouldn't let his age stump you, as I've met many people my own age and older who are far less mature than him. He does like to joke around, however when it is required he is quiet serious. I've seen his Admin capabilities as I was in the few of the roblox groups, and minecraft servers he is referring to. One of the roblox groups I owned myself, and had about 900 members, with 75% activity. But when I took him on as 3iC. Group activity spiked to 90% and we had an additional 400 members join.

He has a passion for Chronet and gets along well with most of its members. He has an incredible knowledge of its Laws and the way it runs. And I feel he would make a great admin. I'm just gonna:

+1

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    -1 You just came back. Like, less than a week ago. Stick around a little longer before applying.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    Thank you for your positive feedback! I really appreciate it.

I understand your concern, and thank you for your feedback; We must role play together sometime. Quite honestly, I hope to change your mind in the coming time, due to the fact that I'm going to be realistically active, and attempting to help players and demonstrate administrator-like qualities to the best of my ability.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FangTheGamer

FangTheGamer Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Alex Goodman
    +1 I've known you for a long time now, I could post a biased review, but instead I will be stating facts about you for others to see. You are the most mature person that is your age that I know, you love role play with all your heart, even when you are trying to save for a car you decide to role play. I've seen you help so many different people in this community and you love doing it. You role play super hardcore, reading Miranda law, using police codes. I've also seen how good your leadership skills are. Although I agree with what coolrune said, I dont think this should be a reason for me to rate you -1, because I have seen how active you were even if you went on a small break. Hope you do well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    You said you wanted to post this for the memes so idk whether or not to take this seriously.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    I'm obviously serious, that was a joke. As I said above, I want to help the community. Haha, I wouldn't have been on the past several days attempting to roleplay if I wasn't going to do this.

8. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Gremory
    You're a good guy and all of that stuff but you've just recently come back, in no longer then a week.. So neutral?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Osama Gambino
    +Support Roblox, what more could you need?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    Haha, yes.
    Well, you cannot blame me for writing down such administrative experiences. The template did not state what type of administrative experiences you had to add, nor the amount of time ago.

11. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    You're annoying.
    You know how to type English.
    I hate you.
    +1

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Hades

Hades Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    You just recently came back to Chronet from a long and extended break. I need a refresher of who you are now, not what you were in the past.
    I'm going to stalk you for a bit to see if you're right for the job.
    neutral in the meantime.
    The number of agree ratings on this response should be enough to show you that.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. James Newman

James Newman Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Neutral. Like everyone else has said, you recently came from inactivity (perhaps a week ago or so). Most of the members, myself being included, don't really know if you're qualified for the role or not right on this moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    I appreciate the concern about my recent return. I shall strive to get your neutral to a +1. :)
    But, after a while, i'm sure that the time won't be an issue, due to the rate of application acceptance.
    Just played for about 5 hours this afternoon, mostly role-played as an officer, a small bit of being a Detective with Danny. Hopefully some of you were on.

EDIT:

I want to address all of those who are concerned due to posting my administration application just after I returned.
    I don't think I can 'stick around a little longer' and wait. Quite honestly, this server needs staff now. I see no staff on at all (no offense to them), yet at least 10 rulebreakers I could easily bust on the spot.
    Also, I believe it's a little too late for me to postpone the application, because it's already posted.

As for the others, like I said before, I strive to get your neutral to a +1, because I need all of the positives I can get.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    There's no distinct hurry. I doubt the new batch of trials is coming anytime soon, as we haven't heard any news from the owner in quite a while; that is also the reason that there are so few admins on. They don't know where the server is going, and the one in charge of them is absent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Neutral leaning a little bit to -1. In my opinion you're a little bit too trigger happy to call out rule-breaks. Now I'm not just referring to you claiming that I was copbaiting, but I'm hearing that you claim that people are flaming each other way too often when they're really not. I'm worried this would make you punish innocent people as admin and would recommend that you ease up a bit. Focus a little bit more on roleplaying than calling out rule-breaks and try to avoid breaking roleplay to inform a player they are breaking rules as much as possible. Instead try to RP as much as possible in the situation and aim to inform and discuss the player's possible rule-breaks with them before taking any action. Be sure to also be open minded during this conversation and try to give them the benefit of the doubt. It is always better to let a rule-breaker get away rather than get an innocent person banned.

17. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    I appreciate your honest opinion.

Could you show me an example? I'd love to know a specific instance, so that I can learn from that situation and not repeat myself.

I'm sorry? I oftentimes call flame if people are shouting hardcore slurs, but alright.
    Also, i'd love to know who you're hearing from that I shout that people are flaming. :)

But it's best to ban a rule breaker and let the innocent person go. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Loxxy

1. @Kai
    [​IMG]

I'm not saying that you're SHOUTING it out but from what I'm hearing it sounds like you're calling it out a bit prematurely, where there is no real heated conversation but rather a friendly slur or insult regarding banter or just a simple insult. If someone is being ruthless and constantly harassing someone in OOC or complaining non-stop then I understand. But calling someone a "Motherfucker" isn't exactly flame. If you do it repeatedly or maliciously, etc then yes, it is flame. But remember slurs such as this are NOT always flame.
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]

19. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    To be frank, behavior like that would fall under minor flaming.

You're insulting someone with a possible goal of starting a fight or getting a reaction out of it.

You don't need slurs for that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Loxxy

All I'm saying is. If these claims are true, then I'd suggest you become a little more laid back regarding flame and possibly other rulebreaks. It's not something that should be taken ultra seriously and the slightest temper or insult means a 3 day to perm ban or an instant report. Unless someone is excessively flaming, there's no need to call them out. One insult won't hurt anybody, and remember it's an online game, there are toxic players, and salty players and sometimes people get mad at others. Some players have pretty close relationships and may openly insult each other in a friendly context which you may perceive to be flame, when it's really not. All I'm saying is, you don't need to call out flame unless someone is continuously ranting in the chatbox. If someone gets mad over a little thing and they say a rude phrase once, ignore it or talk to them personally in a calm and non-threatening manner, where you try to figure out why they said something instead of instantly assuming it's for a reason and making them as if you're threatening a player report.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think you need to say "flame" every time someone says 'fuck you' once. Try to talk to them about it or ignore it. If they're doing it continuously then sure. But I don't see why one tiny rude sentence in reaction to something that made the player feel mad is something to just respond with "flame".

To me, the phrase "fuck you, you motherfucker" doesn't indicate that he wants a reaction or fight. It indicates to me that he is simply mad about being fired in that moment but from what I've heard he doesn't continuously harass the mayor or act toxic in chat afterwards. He just got a little mad, as anyone would after being fired.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The intention of the flame rule in most servers is to not have a toxic chatbox. However I don't see why a player would deserve a warning for simply saying "fuck you" once because they got mad over something. If they're being harassing or toxic in a continuous manner then I'd understand. But if they got mad in the moment then I don't see why it's such a big deal.
    Verbatim: It's a game and sometimes people get a little mad.
    As long as they're not ruining other people's experiences by repeatedly being toxic, I don't see why these people are perceived as harmful to the community and punishable. If anything you should just have a chat with them. Saying "FLAME" in chat is only going to make the situation worse. Admins are not supposed to escalate things, they are meant to calm people down and have them sort out their problems with one another if possible. They are there to help keep things cool in the community, and calling out rulebreaks in OOC chat doesn't help. Instead PM the player or talk to them face to face, and you may learn to understand the reasoning behind their actions through your interactions with them.

Gonna wait for Kai on his story.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017