1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

TRIAL Canadian-bacon's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Canadian-bacon, May 8, 2017.

1. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson
    Holy shit dude you're the worst offender with drilling people about the rules. Now normally I would just think you're an asshole for doing that but when you go and break the same rules you preach that just makes you a scumbag.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Honestly going to need an example/instance if Im going to improve. I dont really know any times iv drilled anyone and breaking rules isnt something I enjoy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson
    Well then I'm sorry I can't come up with a highly detailed example. I just distinctly remember you doing it a lot and being the absolute worst. Not to mention that chronet soccer mom attitude.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    I don't drive a mini-van.

If you care to remember feel free to pm it so I can look to improve it in the future.

Make sure you wear a sweater sweetie.

• Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  5. Deaconator

Deaconator Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Rachel Conway
    that kill death ratio nonsense is so dumb being a minimod is nothing to be proud of

oh neutral btw

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Don't worry I'm retarded.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. gooby

gooby Member

He was pretty cool for a bit, but gets really technical when it comes to the rules. I fear that he will enforce the rules too heavily and make the server unfun, however he does seem qualified, i'll admit. He won't outright abuse, like Brunnea, but I fear that every mishap (I.E. "Name not being RP enough") will result in a perma ban.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Thank you for putting actual input.

I am aware of myself being quite technical with the rules. When it comes to moderating for an RP gamemode such as Chronet my intention when enforcing rules as an administrator would be more importantly on explaining the rules to players who may not understand them. A lot of people think that being an Admin means handing out bans as punishments for rule breaks every time but that is not the case. As an Administrator for an RP gamemode your role should be to help players understand the rules they broke so they may not break it again.

The only time a ban would be appropriate is if the user has been warned a multitude of times & past ban history or a serious offense (Prop minge/Mass RDM/Racism/Homophobia/Ddos, crash doxx, etc)

As for someone who refuses a name change they shouldn't receive a ban straight away considering Admins have to force them to change their name, so they can't play unless they change it to the administrators liking. This gives the administrator time to explain to the player why their former name was inadequate and why it needs to be changed. Should in the rare circumstance the user continues to refuse a name Change i'd simply kick them, or at worst, ban them for an hour.

Thank you for your concerns. Noted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carter

Carter Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    I'm going to give my two cents here.
    Hima Lowa is a very competent candidate for administrator, I will give him that. However, I see ban request after ban request made by him.
    He obviously feels very strongly for the community and the rules they've provided. That can be a good thing, or a bad thing. Case one, he could be an extremely competent and reliable administrator who enforces the rules to a proper degree. Case two, he could be an administrator that enforces things too much. Not necessarily saying case two is a bad thing, but it is always important to have leniency and have fun.

I've also noted how much Hima is taking this application. In most, i've seen that people just let the responses role in, and don't really take them to heart. I can see Hima has done this. For example,
    It is also important to know what the role of administrator is when you are applying. He understands this, as clearly stated.

I've role-played several times as an officer with Hima Lowa, most of the times him being SWAT. He does his best to follow the rules, and can get deep into character. He doesn't often base, i've only ever seen him do it once.
    As for my standing on Hima?

I'm going to be giving him a neutral. I will be putting a +1 if I can see he can be fully competent, not just very competent.
    Best of luck to you, Hima.

10. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    This may sound stupid but I can post more ban requests if I wanted to. The thing is, when someone breaks a rule I warn them and inform of the rule they broke, effectively giving them a second chance. I usually do this with newer players, times when I wouldn't give a second chance is to members who repeat the same offense, should know the rules, or break very serious rules. (RDM, racism, propminge etc.)

Thank you for your input.

11. Undead Bill

Undead Bill Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Toshiro Akatora
    To be quite honest. After playing a bit with you within the police force. As well as being on the other side of your gun. I feel as you have a quite the temper when things don't quite go your way. You're knowledge of the rules and dedication are praiseworthy. However that's the most you have going for you. I can't +1 knowing that you might take this too seriously and just ruin the overall experience of some people on the server.

TL DR Somewhere between -1 and neutral.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    I have donated 10$ to the server.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    To everyone stating that they are worried he will implement the rules too seriously- isn't that exactly the job of an administrator? If you think the rules are unfair or should not be the way they are, that's not the candidate's fault- it's the fault of the person who made the rules. I'd personally have a bigger problem if he didn't strictly enforce rules.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Gremory
    <SNIP>

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  15. AZIN 2

AZIN 2 Member

Roleplay name:
    Faith Moore
    Yes, you are a good rper.
    No, You dont have a lot of time on the server, all be it. You've played for months.
    Yes, you have a lot of staff experience

Do I like you? Yes.
    Do I still want you to pay me back a galil or 12k for RDMing me? Yes. Yes I do.
    NEUTRAL

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Not my fault you misclicked and pulled it out by accident :p

I'm sorry Han but you're not popular enough, I'm going to have to -1 you.

Thanks for the Input!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Heaxen

Heaxen Active Member

Does not know the rules.

18. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    He's not the one currently perma banned

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. vibes

vibes Member

Sorry but if want my opinon -1 because of your forum behavior

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    I have never once flamed or harassed you.

Please refer to @Vhondy 's post above.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1