1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

Canadian-bacon's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by Canadian-bacon, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Changing.
    Today I was nearly killed by a cop who after being brought into a sit (with Hima) ended up admitting to NLR inadvertently and the attempted RDM. Hima proceeds to "warn" him for these 2 rule breaks due to him not having any previous punishments (which turns out to be false). I didn't mind this too much until I found out he has had a previous ban which had to do with failrp and trolling. I then am told that all he said to it was "I didn't know". In my opinion this is quite unprofessional. If he had knowledge and thought it was minor, that's fair enough, although seeing as how he has punished other people I understand why this isn't the case, rather him just being lazy and pretty much lying.
    Neutral
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    • The degree of a punishment is entirely up to the admin's discretion, but is generally based on the severity of the rulebreaking, the admin's interpretation of the player's behaviour, and the player's ban record.

I take every factor into consideration when handing out a punishment. Given sometimes it may be less than proper, usually more severe than it had to be, but changing a rating concerning something entirely based on disgression because someones was lightly punished is beyond my understanding. I'm not gonna ban every player who wrongs somebody I know.

If you'd like my thought process on why I gave him a warning a not a ban then sure. The user was, after I talked to him privately as I determine why they had done what they done, was actually incredibly apologetic and genuine, they admitted to making a mistake and were okay with whatever punishment I decided on. This is completely counter to what the above ban is for, which would be trolling and general mingery. I had also played with the user a bit earlier to the situation and they were trying to properly RP to the best of their ability. This makes it obvious to me that since the above ban was administrated the user has changed their attitude and was actively trying to be a good member of the server, he admitted to his impulsive mistake and was sorry, and not just to save face. He is also new, I could understand a player with 2 weeks playtime shouldn't be making a mistake like that but this player only has 9 hours and can still need time on a learning curve. Why should I ban a player for a simple mistake that they made because they were new, this would only further push them away from the server. Instead in a private sit i took the time to make them read the rules and explain what he did was wrong.

Now the usual concern/complaint about bans/punishments is how they are too severe, never thought this would much of an issue considering it was a minor thing and the player can evolve from the experience. Plus, he has the warning. If his behaviour persists then he will be banned, simple as that. I gave him a chance and I don't see anything wrong with that. If this has upset you I apologize but this is the route im taking. I'm not gonna start perma banning people for small things and tack-on "No intent to RP" In my application I promised to explain the rules to players as that is the job of an admin, not just ban. That's exactly what I'v done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    I actually have had issues with many of your sits (I don't recall all of them since it has been over the span of quite a couple months). You never knew he even had a ban since you specifically said it during the sit. Apologies should mean nothing, a day ban would've been sufficient enough since he CLEARLY broke rules.
    And what? "Change their attitude".. MANY people have done that with not as bad bans and get harsh punishment.. Your excuse is so petty. There was NO mistake, it was intentional. Changing to a -1 now due to this reply alone.

4. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    The mistake was him using the improper information by accident? Also I knew about the ban. I looked at his punishment history after I had the other 4 of you in the jail cell and was in the private sit, i saw it. I didn't know about it in the jail cell but after you were released the sit continued privately and I saw the ban. Are you sure you aren't confused han? You keep saying that I lied but why/where did I lie???

5. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    You said he had no previous punishments, but he had. And you had got rid of me THEN found it out, and CONTINUED to go on with a warn. Stop fucking bullshitting. My -1 stays and I'm wishing I shadowplayed this for your plain lies.
    Also, he was straight up fucking SHOUTING at me after, showing no intentions of apologizing, nor did he even apologies to me. So why would you even believe someone who had previously just broken rules and received a 2 day ban, but most other people you don't care for?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  6. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Thats correct. While in the jail cell I said he had no previous punishments due to his empty warns. I sent all the players except him back (your jail sentence expired) so i could talk with him privatly. It was in private that I checked his bans and saw he had a ban. I then went through the rules with his and debated the degree of punishment. But, as stated in my first reply (attitude, prior interactions while undercover, and the ban had nothing to do with NLR) I decided to give him a chance and a warn. I made it very clear to him while explaining the rules that next time he could receive a serious punishment and he understood completely. He has his chance, if he decides to betray that then so be it, he'll be banned. Otherwise he will turn out to be a good player. I don't see why you have a huge issue with what happened. It seems you're mad about lying. I didnt lie as i was unaware about his ban and only said he had no punishments due to his lack of warns. I believe we are operating on a miscommunication perhaps? It's not my intention to lie to you, as i did not.

7. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    I can vouch for that. Dude was being a massive asshole while George was sitting there handcuffed. Was gonna take the sit but something happened right next to me so I had to deal with that while I was there. Pro-tip: Words are cheap. Obv the dude is gonna apologize to the admin regardless of whether or not it's genuine. All I have to say.

8. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Well shit, was that in or out of RP?

9. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    He was being a douchebag during RP when George was about to get arrested. Regardless of whether it was in or out of RP or not it still happened.

10. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Well as long as it wasn't flame/harassment and was in RP then I don't see a problem that he did it.

11. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Just so you know, the guy just got another ban for trolling, once again..
    The whole point isn't his aggression towards me via speaking and how he didn't care about shooting me whilst I was stood still, showed he didn't show any true regret for what he did.

12. Canadian-bacon

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Then he clearly wasted the chance he was given.

You have to remember that I didn't witness the situation. I could only operate with the information that I gathered from the sit, the information that I got from there determined a minor NLR rulebreak, something that wasn't worth a ban. It's not me being lazy, I just can't ban someone for something that I can't prove they did for certain.

13. Apollo

Apollo Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Pls stop convo in app

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BaccaGaming

BaccaGaming Member

+1 Overall has been a good admin in my experience.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. the crab man

the crab man Member

This dude still got his admin app up even though he resigned just because simple is too lazy to close and move it LOL

• Old Old x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.