1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

TRIAL Brunnea's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Brunnea, Oct 11, 2016.

1. [116]UnashamedJohnny

[116]UnashamedJohnny Member

Roleplay name:
    Luke Teal
    did u break up with ur girlfreind uve been hitting on jaz quite a lot recently
    +1

2. Apollo

Apollo Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Nah this is always frequent. I'm her sugar daddy dog @Brunnea Tell him the facts

3. Brunnea

Brunnea Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    im being held captive in a basement

4. [116]UnashamedJohnny

Roleplay name:
    Luke Teal
    i saw that she go admin today plz close this thread
    joke
    @beanycheese u dont get it because u werent there stop being salty

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  5. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    You're god damn right

6. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    If it hasn't been obvious, I'm currently away from my house right now.

Will not be back home until Friday(or Thursday night), as this is the last S&D tournament of the season for me(maybe).

Please don't crucify me.

7. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Gonna crucify the fuck outta you

8. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    You better not buddy, they need to work for me in the damn restaurant/underpaying hooker bar. Don't be fucking with my staff they won't have any money because I underpay. Crucify the fuck out of her for her ways after I fire her because I fucking run out of damn money.

9. P0PION

P0PION Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    +1, sorry for the late reply, but very nice member, and can help Chronet. (My response may not be that strong, but simple enough)

10. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    I was thinking about updating my opinion on this for a while now. I decided to wait until after I was completely done with personal issues between Brunnea and I, and I was over the situation. And when I was, I contemplated updating my opinion here, but decided it really wasn't worth the bother. However, a couple weeks ago or so I decided that I was going to post, seeing as she had become active again, but never got around to it. This contemplation came back up today however, due to some nice drama, and I decided that now would be a better time than ever to post this.
    I'm going to keep personal stuff out of this, seeing as it should stay out of Chronet to begin with, so personal stuff aside, here is my opinion and thoughts.
    I always saw positives and negatives, and still do, for example she actually roleplays, however, I no longer think the positives outweigh the negatives.

A while back, when trials were picked, and Brunnea wasn't one of them, I didn't understand why, she seemed like almost a prime choice. However, there were concerns, and those concerns were enough for Stiggy and Simple to hold her back from being made trial. At the time I didn't understand why, or even the concerns, they didn't seem to make sense to me. Looking back at it, I was rather blind. And looking forward, Brunnea is not somebody I want to see on our Staff team. I'll break down some reasons why. Keep in mind, this is from my experiences.

• Activity
    Her activity dropped off around November if I recall correctly, and she basically didn't get on but a few times up until recently... And, as I recall, this drop in activity all started because one or one friend of hers, minus 1'd her application (and one anonymous person). IIRC she decided she was done with the server because of that, and she felt targeted and betrayed, and because of that she gave up, and was planning on leaving, and having her app taken down and such. I tried to get her to come on every once in a while, but she was just done with Chronet. I honestly don't understand why she stayed. I'm pretty sure the only reason she's back is simply because that community came to a close. And i'm doubtful she'll be staying long. If she found another community that she liked, i'm sure she'd quickly abandon Chronet again. In any case, she was inactive for ~5 Months? And she was only here for ~4 Months prior to that. This is a massive red flag for me.

• Ego/Narcissism/Power-trip
    This was the main thing I was blind about. I had hear several things about this, and IIRC this was the main reason she wasn't accepted in the first place. But honestly looking back, it makes sense to me now, and I do see it. I think the first time I really took this in was on a different server, in a different community. The one she had practically quit Chronet for, before it shut down. I noticed a few things in the few times I was on there, she was quick to argue with orders she was given. One time I noticed she tried to (and actually did) command someone of a superior rank to her, into not doing something they were doing. Basically, if she's given power, she overextends, and she acts as though she has more jurisdiction, and power than she actually has. Other than that, if she's involved in something, and has any power at all, she will try and be the boss of the situation, from what I had noticed, even if the situation didn't involve her.
    She cares WAY too much of what others think of her, from what I recall. I'd honestly be concerned that she wouldn't make proper (yet controversial) judgements simply because she'd be too concerned of what others would do or say.

• Dishonesty
    It's hard to talk about this one, without any of it being personal whatsoever. The only non-personal things I can think of, is instances where she seemed to have lied to others. From my experience (and, i'm not sure if this is my unique experience alone, or if others experienced it too), Brunnea seems to be a pathological liar, she lied a lot. And even when there was no reason to lie, and when the truth was known, she still would lie. Again, maybe it was just something I had experienced, but I honestly doubt it, I would hardly call her trustworthy anymore.

• Irrational
    She is irrational, to the core. She doesn't give a situation proper analysis or thought, she just decides something, and goes with it, even if it doesn't make sense. And if there are reasons to change that decision, she won't. For example, her decision to pretty much abandon Chronet, this was even before she found that other server, IIRC, she had pretty much stopped playing, or caring to even do anything besides go on the forums, and as I recall it was due to the two friends who -1'd. And that seemed to be it. A couple friends, and a few other people who didn't like her, -1'd her, and that was all it took for her to give up. What happens if a staff complaint is made? What happens if it's made by a friend of hers? Will she just resign? Another example, from that other server, which conflicts with this decision. A little while after the incident where she tried bossing her superior around on this SWRP server, a large group (at least half of the active community) of people were displeased with her, and actually made multiple meetings talking about punishing/getting rid of her and stuff.
    Basically, from how I saw it, her irrationality led her to abandon Chronet because of 6 -1's (one of which being from a friend). However, in this other community, literally half the community didn't like her, and many were wanting her gone, or demoted from her RP rank. And yet, she stayed then. I don't feel as though that made much sense.
    There are a few other things, but i'd rather not get into that rn.

• She doesn't want to be an Admin, right?
    This is at least, my understanding from the past 6 Months. If you don't want to be an admin, don't.

• Emotions/Stress
    I think emotions and stress of the role would contribute too negatively in her ability to properly administrate. I don't think she'd be able to handle a decent number of situations that would be quite common, I think she would stress out too much and be incapable of properly administrating. Other people have concerns that she would overreact to situations, and sometimes I wonder the same.

• Judgement
    I'm not sure I trust her judgement on things. There's really not much to back this thought up on, apart from some of the above points (Activity and Irrationality for example). She doesn't make ban requests, she doesn't make suggestions, pretty much her presence has only been as a roleplayer and forum junkie, but she hasn't done much of the first part anytime recently. There's not much to say about how she'd make judgement for bans, or situations, there's not much to suggest whether she'd be good or bad when it came to making proper judgements. And when it comes to Admin Applicants, you want to know that they are at least capable of making good judgement calls... But for Brunnea, there's really nothing to suggest that she could.
    I worry that bias would play quite a role in her judgement, especially in favor of her friends.

TL;DR

Just in case someone wants to go and call me a hypocrite or something, understand I already have acknowledged my own faults and issues, and simply because I share them, doesn't mean I can't point them out in others. And I honestly could care less, go ahead and post a staff complaint if you want.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Finally

Finally Premium Member

You mention emotions? You cry more than a fourteen year old girl buddy.
    Admins aren't supposed to post on admin apps, as you've said several times, but you can. This goes to show your emotions getting the better of you.
    "you want to know that they are at least capable of making good judgement calls" You're not good at those.
    You're a terrible admin. At least I played on the server. You are good for one thing though, complaining about every other admin and telling other admins to resign is a solid skill I guess.
    TL;DR
    You're an emotional, weak-minded child and your opinion means nothing as you're so full of yourself. You are literally everything stated on your post. Then you put a small caption to cover your ass to make any other point made on your post moot.
    Report me, as I know you're going to.

• Dumb x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. Mewthree

Mewthree Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    I'm gonna change to neutral and probably change it to a +1 in like a week or something. We're losing admins left and right and I don't think you'll be literally hitler so it won't be that bad.

13. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    That is the nicest thing I've been told today.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DogePlayz2

DogePlayz2 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    James Westen
    +1 I think Brunnea should become an admin, i think she/he would do well

-From, Dogeplayz2

15. Ritz

Ritz Member

+1
    u guys standards for a garrys mod administrator are like shes gonna fucking drive ur car rofl. the point of a gmod administrator is to enforce rules and doesnt need some fucking stupid personality test. scorpean i want a medical document verified from ur doctor proving ur not a psychopath.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  16. [116]UnashamedJohnny

Roleplay name:
    Luke Teal

Scorpean dosen't want to be an Admin, right?

this is at least, my understanding from the past 6 Months. That Scorpean is a triggred admin who gets offended super easily. *coughs* anything about LGBT *coughs*

*wonders why*

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  17. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    Speech and Debate season is now OVER.

I no longer have to work on that, which is now giving me more time to study for maths.
    Oh and get on the server.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Aight word get to continue my cruxifixction

19. James Newman

James Newman Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    I'm chaging my vote from a -1 to a +1. Brunnea knows the rules, she knows how to enforce them, she surely knows how to deal with admin situations and she's now active. Nothing is currently keeping me from +1ing you.
    Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. LoxxyBabey

LoxxyBabey Member

I'll be giving a +1 on this account, and my other account will also be giving +1 on behalf of my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1