1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

TRIAL Brunnea's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Brunnea, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brunnea

Brunnea Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    Your In-Game name: Jaz(AKA Brunnea/Nisha Clarke/Karen Wright/‘Brunescape’/’Nerd’/’A Mistake’)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:111564882

Country & Timezone: United States of America – CT/-5 UTC

Server Playtime: Four Weeks

Past Experience:

Most of my administrator and moderation experience has taken place on work in progress independent games and their online communities, some of which didn’t get off the ground, or evolved into a project that I eventually departed from.

The first actual true blue moderation experience I have earned occurred on this very small project by the name of ‘Lake of Shining Stars’. I had been promoted to administrator and was essentially a co-owner of the entire project, of the three main Admins I was one of two who handled the community the most, while the official owner handled the game’s progress.

Eventually the owner merged the project with another, while starting her own, and under my nose shut that site down. To provide some background information on the sudden change in direction,, the ownership on that person’s end went through two people, the original owner was actually very decent at keeping track of both the community and the game,, it was her replacement that really screwed over the small community she had inherited, and in the process, the rest of the staff team and myself.

Thus I moved on to the new project she had started (‘Scratch Me’), and was a part of that community for nearly half the year, and eventually climbed my way to a moderation spot. Something strange had happened in that time though. The owner seemed to have had a complete shift in personality and behavior, suddenly leaving the community and the forum. He cancelled the game to let the site downgrade to just a simple roleplay site. It worked, and probably would’ve worked to this day if certain things had not happened. I was a Moderator for only a week or two before the mass demotion begun. When she came back and spat fire at everyone for not continuing her cancelled game, even though no one had received the files and I had just been given the privilege to even take a glimpse at behind the scenes, I was treated like everyone else. Regardless of everyone’s seniority, knowledge, and time spent working to improve the community, no mercy was shown. As far as I can recall the original staff team has been demoted, and someone who should never have been given moderation powers ended up helping put the nail in the coffin (Although I must say, the ‘Scratch Me’ website should still be up, as it essentially just slowly decayed and was lost to time).

Not long after, that same project went to someone else’s less than able hands, and it became ‘Nocturna’, by this time I was well through with my time on that community, and was tired of all the moves. It did eventually run aground, and the original owner did try and make a new game that also died about a week into the planning stages, thus ended my streak of admin/moderation with that batch of folks.

During all of that I had taken up a small Global Moderator job on a very silly indie game called ‘Seal Quest’, it never left it’s planning stages but the site lasts to this day, rather dead but it still has quite a lot of nice content. It was honestly a glorified roleplay site, but it has had a nice small community of under ten people that managed to keep it alive for so long.

Another experience that I’ve had was with a group that I helped continue on accident, abbreviated to ‘DCFH’. It was just a simple roleplay group that ran for nearly two years. I was a moderator for that group for some time, and was promoted to admin after a while. Sadly the group had slowly died out, and even though a friend and I tried to revive it, we just couldn’t.

The most recent experience that I’ve had was with a fairly small chat box on an app where I wasn’t an ‘official’ administrator, but one of them entrusted me to their access when they were on vacation. I was the ‘secret’ admin, as it were. Essentially job was to simply moderate the chat and make sure everyone was behaving appropriately whilst also making sure that no harassment or nonsensical hacking were taking place. The actual position of administration was offered to me, but I declined. got their position by asking the owner for it and him giving them the power but I felt that I had to earn my keep instead of asking for such a thing. I was a part of that community for about a year and a half, nearly two before I bid them farewell.

I have had similar experiences amongst other communities however they were fairly minor and I feel as if they no longer hold any merit. If you have any enquiries in regards to these subjects, feel free to ask me as I can go on all day talking about these different communities and what exactly went down.

Have you donated?
    No.

Why do you think you deserve to be admin?

Honestly, the thought originally popped into my head when a few friends and myself were talking about staff and the application process. I’ve been told by numerous people, most of them held in high regard by myself and the community that I should apply. So I suppose I did finally listen to them.

Truly, I think I should become an Administrator because I have become rather fond of this server, even though I had found it by complete accident and Chance. I want to use my skills to be of more help than I can give at the moment, to actually make a difference, or go down trying.

I’m well aware of the toll it will take, and I welcome it with open arms, because if it means helping to improve this community, build up the server, and just maybe to even provide benefits to myself along the way, it’ll be well worth it.

I know a lot of people will, and will continue to say that this is a bad idea, and that I wouldn’t be a good fit for Adminship, perhaps they are to some degree right. But if I may ask them to at least look past their initial thoughts of me and to hold judgment until they get a better feel for the kind of person I am. If they still think I’m not a proper fit, that’s completely fine. I know that I’m not the easier person to get along with, but that doesn’t mean I won’t stop trying to reach out and perhaps change a few minds.

Extra notes:

I’ve had some very complicated things happen very quickly in my life, causing me to depart from a lot of my normal schooling activities. I am now home even more than I normally am. I’m usually not able to get onto my computer when I’m with my family on Sunday and sometimes Wednesday.

I also work random weekdays and weekends, but they’re not very often and at the most I’ll be on most school-nights, my health permitting.

I also have experience in Speech and Debate, which basically means I’ve learned how to properly speak in public; alongside knowing impromptu quite well, although that is subjective. I have the ability to read people and see beneath their words to detect things such as motivations, what drives them and discern what certain situations could mean for all. I’ve had a knack for ‘intuition’ for quite a while according to those I’ve interacted with, so perhaps that’s something to look into. I do have some mental issues that both I and others have expressed concern about. If that ever becomes a problem I’d be happy to fully disclose/explain all of the nitty gritty details. You can PM me about them if you want to know sooner, or even ask here, but I’d rather not bog down everyone with every small detail about myself. Don’t wanna sound like some narcissistic asshole yet!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    • Like x 11
    • Disagree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. James Newman

James Newman Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Neutral. You might know the rules, but you still got your things that I don't like, so I'm not sure about this one.

EDIT: Changed my vote here. here.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  3. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

-1 is an alien.
    Jk +1 great player from my experience, is very active and is fun to play with.
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. James Newman

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Kill me.

5. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    Pure curiosity - Can you specifically name the things that you don't like about me?
    Just wanna know.

6. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Joe Diamond
    +1
    Mature, knows the rules, all around nice person. You've got my vote!
    Brunnea for President 2k16!

• Like Like x 1
  7. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    -snip-

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  8. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Trischitti
    -1. Made private comment.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  9. WoLF[James]

WoLF[James] Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    James Stalinson
    -1 updated post.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. James Newman

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    I don't want to say it in public, because I might get into the server's current situation and it might start a fight of opinions in your application. I don't want that to happen.

11. WoLF[James]

WoLF[James] Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    James Stalinson
    I could go off on her but that would make me look like a dick xd

12. Hammy

Hammy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    +1 follows the rules, great rper, hates minges, called bernnea by my co-worker.

13. Mason Crows

Mason Crows Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Mason Crows
    Huge +1, very mature player, knows the rules like the back of her hand, has the mind set of an administrator as well really wants to see/seek this community to be better. Overall I think she deserves this position and would really love to see her as an addition to the staff team, good luck!

14. uncagedbranman

uncagedbranman Active Member

-1 is bad at smite

15. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    -1 Took my Skadi picks.

In all seriousness, Broonea is amazing. +1

16. MJstevens

MJstevens Member

+1 Amazing player, knows the rules very well

17. Angel but also Devil

Angel but also Devil Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Angel Delrose
    Neutral

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  18. redcloud654

redcloud654 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Barbara Newman
    +1 Due to your activity and kindness :)

19. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Joe Diamond
    Coolrune does a +1 on an admin application? She must be the really god damn amazing or she is paying you.

20. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    Don't rat me out now, pal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.