1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the stickies before posting or replying to a ban request! Not doing so could lead to a forum ban.

ACCEPTED Ban Request on Nick Spencer

Discussion in 'Closed Ban Requests' started by Hodir, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodir

Hodir Active Member

In game name : Nick Spencer
    Steam ID : Working on it
    Approximate Date and Time of Incident : 11:34 PM EST 11/13/2015
    Server - Chronet
    Offense Committed : Fail Kick
    Evidence - http://www.twitch.tv/zowrn/v/25685155

Story - The video explains it all (Yes, I know I called myself retarded in the video, I meant to say recorded.) There's a lockdown while a massive raid is happening. The lockdown has been going onf or about 10 minutes and no civilians are adhering to the rules. I'm fed up, and at this point I'm done giving warnings. I give him a short warning to move away and after he doesn't I arrest him.

He votekicks me for something I totally should have been able to do. Arrest someone for breaking the law. His reasons don't even match a proper reason to votekick.

The time stamp in the video you're looking for is from 12:00-13:40, I put extra time in there because I believe context is important in a video.

2. dragonarkeas

dragonarkeas Member

Okay.. so let me explain my side of the story. I was basing with some friends I was in a party with and we were getting raided by the rockford police force. While this was happening there was a lockdown due to the attempts of assassination of the mayor. Obviously, I cannot go back in the base due to server rules and breaking nlr. So I am spectating the raided trying my best to not get involved with the raid, Mr Hodir decides to arrest me because I needed to be in my house. But my house was the one they were raiding so before I could explain, he had already handcuffed and arrested me for not being in my home. In my defense, I votekicked him for false arrest/ rda because of not giving me any time to explain to negotiate the situation. So push came to shove, and here we are debating my presence.As a man of a pure record with no votekicks nor bans, I feel like my statement is justified. If you need to contact me, let me know. Have a nice day everyone.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  3. Hodir

Hodir Active Member

It is widespread and common knowledge you can go to the Town Hall or the Hospital (Where you spawn) during a Lockdown. You grabbed your gun from your body before you came. How do I know this? Because of the way you came to the location, from the back. If you had come from the Hospital you wouldn't have come from where you did.

Your excuse doesn't work.

4. Hades

Hades Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    I was basing with Nick at the time. I don't know what happened later on since I packed up and ran due to the growing attention the base was getting. The SWAT shows up out of know where and walks on our front property. We ask him to leave but he says that he's responding to a call (He lied since I clearly saw him patrolling earlier). I told him he couldn't trespass without a warrant and he still would not leave. Meanwhile, half of our party is in the town, raiding the pd vault. He thought it was better to argue with us rather than go to the pd vault, which the mayor ordered him to. He found an hour old corpse on the floor by the base and demanded to know how it got there. We told him that the body was there before we got there. He didn't believe us so he tried to get a warrant on us. Might I add that you can't get a warrant on suspicion. So honestly, Hodir (or Tyler Ruthless) was being a fail swat before Nick was even killed. I happen to leave the scene before the large scale raid, but I'm pretty sure that Nick was complaining to Hodir about it in the ooc.

5. Hodir

Hodir Active Member

The raid on the PD vault ended like 20 minutes before the body incident. PLEASE DONT LIE I HAVE IT ALL ON VIDEO.

6. dragonarkeas

dragonarkeas Member

I did not pick up any gun. I have failed to locate who picked it up. That shouldnt even matter according to your ban request reason...

7. Hodir

Hodir Active Member

You said you walked back to the house from the Hospital. Your body was on the far side of Hospital. in the above quote you said you couldn't find your gun, which is on the far side of the hospital, on the opposite side of the house. Therefore you walked all the way around the industrial area (when you could have just walked directly to your house) and looked for your gun (which you just admitted to) that you shouldn't have known where to look for because you shouldn't be able to remember anything because of NLR.

You just admitted to NLR.

8. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    In a lockdown you are only allowed in a few areas, Town hall, the Hospital, your home, your friend's home are such areas...
    While yes, he could have talked to you before arresting you, this was occuring in the middle of a lockdown, during a firefight... You shouldn't have gone anywhere near the area anyways, as it was NLR...
    Also, I don't quite see how you consider running in the middle of a group of GOs (who are in a gunfight) and dancing, is considered spectating...
    Additionally, this ban request is about you abusing the votekick feature... You are aware of the rules for votekicking I would hope? So let me ask you, do you think what you did it allowed?

9. dragonarkeas

dragonarkeas Member

Oh I am sorry I overlooked the votekick section... I will make sure to be more cautious of my priviledges as a premium. I hope I didn't cause a ruckus with my actions...

10. dragonarkeas

dragonarkeas Member

If there are any tips of not making this mistake again and I can help other players not make the same mistake i made, please contact me.

11. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Well the thing is, you're meant to read the rules before playing, and certainly before donating... Votekick abuse is a pretty serious rulebreak...

12. dragonarkeas

dragonarkeas Member

Well I would not like to break this rule again.

13. Hodir

Hodir Active Member

Vote kicking falsely is a rule break you don't break at all. I lost my money from the PD, and missed out on a cool firefight all because of fail kick. It's easy to be sorry when you're caught.

14. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Votekick abuse is a pretty serious rulebreak, there are strict guidelines/rules that should be followed when votekicking...
    Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rules... So i'd suggest getting knowledgeable when it comes to the server rules...
    Nick Spencer will be banned for 1 day for Votekick abuse
    Accepted

PS: @Hodir next time get the Steam ID before posting. Shouldn't be too hard to ask for that. Luckily enough I was able to find it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.