1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the stickies before posting or replying to a ban request! Not doing so could lead to a forum ban.

ACCEPTED Ban Request against Salmon Ronson

Discussion in 'Closed Ban Requests' started by Carter, Sep 4, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carter

Carter Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    Offender's Steam name: @Salmon
    Offender's roleplay name: Salmon Ronson
    Offender's Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:58138838
    [​IMG]
    Server the incident occurred on: Chronet | Lite RP
    Approximate date & time of incident: 6:00 PM EST - 6:35 PM EST
    Offence committed: Propclimb, NLR, Flame, Wallbang, abusing Gameplay mechanics.
    Evidence: (In the form of videos or screenshots)
    Abusing Gameplay Mechanics:

Propclimb:

Flame:
    [​IMG]

They came back within under 5 minutes after they tried to raid and kill us, and @FangTheGamer killed them, they gathered all of the Ronsons and raided us. While they were raiding us, they shot through the back wall.

Evidence for part 2 will be posted if requested by an administrator.

2. Salmon

Salmon Member

Lets see here. In no way did we abuse any gameplay mechanics. Me calling you a dipshit once is not considered flaming. And the ladders are considered RP. The firetruck has a ladder on it so we can use that ladder to climb over the wall. I broke no rules in this ban request.

3. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    4.5. Prop climbing.
    • Using props to access otherwise inaccessible areas.
    • The use of ladders can be roleplayed, if done realistically (e.g. you cannot use a ladder to climb over a barbed-wire fence, or to the top of a multi-story building).

The rules are very vague here. It doesn't say you can use additional props when using an RP ladder. So, in the context I see it as, you should only be allowed to have a ladder, and that's it.

Honestly, I think you're trying to find loopholes in order to benefit the Ronson family, and so you have to put in less work in order to raid.

Can we get some input from admins on this certain method?

Also, what about the NLR? You came back before the 5 minutes were up, and started harassing us, and abusing gameplay mechanics by stacking everybody on top of each other to get in the base, while each of you are standing on the fence. That seems a little bit absurd to me.

4. Salmon

Salmon Member

How did we NLR, we came back and bought the house. We never brought up anything from our previous life. Therefore we didn't break NLR.

5. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    You still had no reason at all to come back. Why did you want to buy the house directly next to the one you tried to raid earlier? You then came back with your Ronson buddies, and jumped into the base using a human staircase (which is fine) from the fence (a little bit abusing). I don't think 5 grown men would be able to stand on a fence, perfectly balanced like that...

6. WoLF[James]

WoLF[James] Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    James Stalinson
    The funny thing is both you and Alex combat holstered. When I was brought to this raid none of the ronsons were telling me about their last lives wet simply wanted to raid you.
    And honesty the roleplay ladder thing is fine in my opinion like salmon said the truck even had a ladder on it. Think of the gameplay mechanics me holding them. There's limited things we can do in Gmod hense the name roleplay

7. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    I did not combat holster.

And it's fine in your opinion. That does not mean it abides with the rules.
    Just because they didn't tell you doesn't mean they didn't have any reason to raid us due to their past lives. Plus, they had intentions to raid due to their last lives. The fact that they came back before the 5 minutes were up, and started to harass us and try to build a human ladder up proves the point.

8. MrRalgoman

MrRalgoman Active Member

Not getting involved in this whatsoever, but I see this "combat holstering" term thrown around a lot. Is there any real written rule regarding this act?

9. WoLF[James]

WoLF[James] Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    James Stalinson
    I really see nothing wrong they didn't break nlr they didn't bring it up you don't know what was going through our minds. You can't just assume that they came back becuase is what happened earlier
    --- Post updated ---
    It's considered fail roleplay

10. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    I don't actually think there is any written rule about it, possibly FailRP.. I would post a thread separately from this, or search the rules throughly.

I don't want to get off topic here. :)

But they came back before the 5 minutes was up, and that's the important thing.

I don't want to bicker about this. If anybody has anything important to point out past this point, that isn't the same points, I would love to hear it.

11. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    -snip, didn't realize I double posted-

12. Salmon

Salmon Member

"DID NOT" combat holster. lol

13. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    I love how you cut out the entire past 10 mins before that..
    I'm not gonna bicker about this. I'll leave it to the admins. The funny thing was, I holstered back before the raid.
    But I'm just gonna point out that it shows you wallbanging when shooting into the bathroom wall.

btw, I don't know what the fridge was for tbh.

14. Kai

Kai Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ash Fuchs
    Okay then I guess that I'll get right into it, at a first glance this entire situation has raised some alarms bells alongside some obvious red flags being raids, I've taken it upon my self to find the time to discuss my primary concerns that this ban request presents with two other administrators, the result lead to a mutual agreement which I'm sure should satisfy those where the rules are concerned.

It's quite evident that there has been a completely disregard for playing in the spirit of the game over the past couple of weeks, I'm going to aim to resolve as many of these incidents as possible with the least amount of collateral, to start off I'm going to briefly cover a topic that quite a few players seem to be unable to comprehend.
    Please take note of the bold text, I don't think I'll have to mention this as I'm sure those in the community are smart enough to understand where I am going with this, but for clarity sake I'll do so anyway. If a player is going out of their way to push the rules we have to their limit in hopes to twist them to their will then this person is clearly not playing for the benefit of anyone else other than themselves and most inarticulately do not have the good intentions for the server.

Keeping in mind what I had just mentioned, It should be understandable that assembling a tower of players atop a section of wood fencing wouldn't remotely be considered as realistic in any way for a group of well trained individuals, let alone your average humans beings so I'm inclined to agree and state that this was done in completely disregard of that section of the server rules.

I wont cover the prop climbing to such an extent seeing as the only purpose that the prop firetruck and ladders served were to assist in gaining an unfair advantage over those inside defending the base so they could jump the fence in order to raid the base and provided zero benefit to any kind of roleplay.

To conclude, Salmon will be receiving a five day ban for actively prop climbing during an attempt to raid a group of players, participating in the player tower alongside playing against the spirit of the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.