1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

ACCEPTED Apollo's Staff Re-Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by Apollo, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollo

Apollo Retired Staff Member Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Your In-Game name:
    Franky Wright
    Steam ID:
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:31812735
    Country & Timezone:
    United States, UTC -05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada
    Server Playtime:
    3.4 weeks, 25.57 days
    Past Experience:
    - I was an Assistant Senior Administrator on SAMP, which is San Andrea's Multiplayer for those who don't know. At first I was made Administrator and my job was to make sure game-play for players went smoothly. I dealt with constant hackers. The amount of ways you can hack on SAMP is ridiculous. Air-Breakers, speed hackers, armor/health hackers, gun hackers, teleportation, invisible hackers, kill-list hackers, vehicle hacks, BOT hacks, and it goes on. I dealt with Unban appeals, reports/ban requests, house position applications, scammers, ban evaders. I managed bans via ACP(Administrator control panel), which easily let me add and remove bans. I was able to read commands to ensure no one was keybinding and read PM's to ensure no one was flaming. After a short while, I was made Assistant Senior Administrator. I had that position for about 1 and a half years to 2. I then started working alongside the Senior Admins. I made myself familiar with phpBB. I was given more responsibilities such as handling forum permissions, group permissions, user permissions. I also dealt with banning users, unbanning users, warning, deleting accounts, and password resets . I also dealt with creating new forums, moving old forums, merging forums. At the later point of my career, I was given more responsibility. Me along with fellow administrators began deciding who was fit and capable of becoming a staff member for the community. Promoting them and demoting others, which always took a while for either. We also started to manage donations and where they were coming from. I was also given the responsibility to evaluate bans via ACP. Look at the reason, and view the proof to see if the ban and length were indeed appropriate.

- I was also an Admin on a TTT server where I just made sure that players did not break any rules or try to interrupt gameplay. I also dealt with making users felt welcomed, and giving ranks such as Member to those who played often.

-Trial-Admin on Chronet for 9 months. Participated in a plethora of Administrator events. Assisted fellow staff members within the server. Ensured game-play was smooth.
    Have you donated?
    Yes, for premium(Multiple times)
    Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    To clear off any confusion for the new players who don't know me, the reason I originally took a break is not because I was tired of being an Admin, but me simply wanting a break. Again, not from being an Admin. I was playing for about a year prior to getting accepted into the Staff position, so by the time I was promoted, I was already feeling the wear and tear from the server slightly. After the 9 months passed from my promotion period, it came to the moment where I wanted to take a break. I've been told by many staff members that I could've just not played and kept my rank, but I didn't like the idea. Something about being a Staff member and playing another game and completely disregarding Chronet and it's issues bothered me a lot. So, to take a break, I resigned from my staff position because I didn't feel like it was the right to be a staff member, but not be active and have every Chronet member watch me play every other game but Chronet. Moving on from that, I noticed that there has been an influx of new staff members. Majority of the recently added ones are my friends, so I'd like to play with them again and work along side them as well as my old friends.

To also answer the question before it's asked: What's to say you won't resign again?. It is a good question. I took a long enough break, in my opinion, and this time if I were to get promoted, it would be back into whatever position they seem fit for me, and I'd start from there. So the odds of me resigning again if I was promoted would be slim.
    Extra notes:
    - I have a Blue Snowball for a microphone
    - Always available
    - I speak English well
    - I believe I have no bans or warnings in-game

2. beanycheese

beanycheese Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Maxine Westen
    Eh I'm not sure how I feel about this..you resigned cause you didn't like it then, how would you like it now? what it looks to me is that you haven't played in a long time then suddenly your friends are admin and you want to be too. Neutral for now leaning towards -1.

3. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Not so much not liking it, but drying it out. That's just common behavior with everything. Use something or play something for too long, and you'll need a break eventually. As for my friends becoming admin, only one of my friends I'd consider my friend became admin. My friends were admin after/during I was promoted, so I'm not re-applying just because my friend got trial, lmao

4. beanycheese

Roleplay name:
    Maxine Westen
    I'm not really thinking you are, but it still kinda seems that way. Anyway the main thing I'd like to see is you actually on the server

5. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    I was on yesterday for about an hour+ with Heavy and Christ, but yeah I plan on getting on a lot more. My work schedule, if I anticipate my promotion takes long, will be 6-2pm and the gym usually right after. TLDR; I'll be on

6. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Gremory
    Really leaning to a -1. You only talked about coming back JUST because @Brunnea became an admin. I don't know how I feel about that. You say you're not reapplying because of that, but I honestly don't believe that with the way you talked about coming back just because of it.

7. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Well there's many reasons why I want to come back as staff. Major and minor. One of the minor reasons is wanting to work alongside Brunnea. I don't see a problem with wanting to work with staff members who are also my friend? I mean, you do the same thing every-day, don't you? Also, In-case you didn't see it--

8. beanycheese

Roleplay name:
    Maxine Westen
    Staff are supposed to put their input, many other staff members do like scorp and jack

9. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Admins aren't supposed to post in Admin apps

10. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

+1, I can assure that when I saw him as a trial, he was very efficient at getting rid of minges, and keeping the server a clean place.
    As you can see, this is very hypocritical as even if he wanted to come back because Brunnea became admin, you sit in a discord with like 5 other admins everyday, I don't know what your point is.

11. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Gremory
    If I left positive input, you wouldn't even bring this up. But oh because you quoted a post from Finally means it's what we're supposed to do right?
    I don't. I'm hardly ever in discord anymore because I'm doing homework or other school related things. But anywho, back to people leaving their input.

12. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    You're letting your emotions get the best of you, lmao. You're trying to tell me how I would react if you responded with a positive comment? No. Just stop, lol

13. beanycheese

Roleplay name:
    Maxine Westen
    All this fighting at muffin isn't improving my opinion on you. You shouldn't try to attack anyone that gives you negative input. But it's your app ultimately

14. Zaptto

Zaptto Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    yes, dude
    +1

15. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    There's a difference between attacking and defending. She attacked me by saying I wouldn't have said anything if she gave me a positive comment. I defended myself by saying that wouldn't be true, and to not assume. But I understand what you're saying

16. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    +1, but he threw my car with his physgun as admin when I was wreck less driving. Otherwise this guy is a cool admin and bring him back.

17. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Osama Gambino
    +1 Good admin before y not again

18. Kai

Kai Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ash Fuchs
    Just to clear things up, Apollo is somewhat correct in this case but not exactly, here is an excerpt from a guide we have in the Trial Admin section of the forums.

Apollo's application has my full support, he was a great administrator, I don't even think I could fault him on anything with the exception of activity. If I recall correctly there was an exceeding amount of support in favour of promoting Apollo to a full administrator, so I honestly see no reason why we shouldn't reinstate him as a full administrator.

19. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    That's what I meant, but did a poor job of explaining it. Thanks for clearing it up, and for the really nice words! :)

20. DAWG

DAWG Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Eren Diamond
    You deserve a big +1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.