1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please do not post threads relating to our roleplay server here! You can post RP related things here!
    Dismiss Notice

An Open Letter

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xxWallaWalla222xx, Feb 10, 2018.

1. xxWallaWalla222xx

xxWallaWalla222xx Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Robert Sulliven
    To all who it may concern,
    While we all enjoy the recent spike in the Chronet attendance, staff interaction, reunions, and other effects of the recent events, I would like to bring a few things to attention to any players who may feel like this or be involved. I am here to discuss the unbans of dozens of players. And my personal reaction as well as a guideline that myself and others should follow. Please note I am not targeting any group/player in specific, and am just saying what I believe in and what I think will be a plan for ahead.

Now let me start off by saying that I really did enjoy seeing loads of familiar faces today. It was great to see faces that I have seen for years. Now obviously there are some that I have had great relationships, some who I have just interacted with, and some in which there have been some tensions with. However for some, it's been a long, long time. And I truly did enjoy seeing people I knew or recognized on and interacting with the community.

Onto what I really want to talk about, and that's what I plan to do for all of the players who are returning. I am not going to mention names or groups, as I want this to be clean and simple with no bias. I have always respected players, no matter who they were, what they did on the server, what organization they were in, and other things that defined a player. I always respected players who worked hard, roleplayed well, and knew when and not to be serious. There have been players in the past who yes I have tried to avoid interaction with due to past occurrences, but I had my reasons. Now what I want to say to anyone, old or new, that I want a fresh start for myself.

I want to state that I will not take into consideration past names/organizations, past conflicts, interactions (yes good or bad), or anything else that could have happened during my time on Chronet. I want to give everybody, wither I have known you since I joined, or just met you today. I hope to be, and maybe not friends, but nobody's enemy. I hope to live out a positive and roleplay friendly life on Chronet as we head in to V2.

Now this will be a message to any players who I may have a history with, good or bad:

All,
    Hello once again, It's been a while hu? I'm very excited for what Chronet has planned next for the community and server. And as we inch towards Chronet Version 2, I would like to say this. I don't care if we had a positive, neutral, or negative past. I would like to put aside any events that have occurred before this, and continue with everyone on a clean slate. I wish to become neutral, or maybe even friends with you all. I hope to put our past in the past, and look onward to a bright future filled with who knows what. I would like to tell anyone and everyone, that I, Robert Sulliven, outstretch my open hand, in hope of shaking every one of your hands, and moving on. I hope we can enjoy this new and better Chronet, together. See you in Rockford.
    ~Robert Sulliven

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
  3. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    I would have to agree, though I enjoy seeing some of my friends who have been banned return I can't help but feel like some deserved to be banned and should not be unbanned. I will not say names but some of things that they were banned for should not be forgiven and some people have had to many chances.
    I know I said I wouldn't say any names but I don't think this player will care and I also know him and its a running joke. Hodir, an old player how has a lo ....hahaha omg this is just hilarious.... who has 15 bans, 6 of which are permabans. Players like that I don't think should be unbanned because they have been given multiple chances.
    So I guess what I am trying to say is Upper Management, PLEASE be careful who you unban because it affects the players who try to not break rules.

4. M8TO

M8TO Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Robert Weber
    I agree with this outlook towards the near or distant future. Anyone who has made the attempt to return to the community deserves a second chance but should be careful to not abuse this second chance as it will be a long time before there are more.