1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aircrafts Maybe READ DESC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lava_Master, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    IF we move to a bigger map with ability to not hit invisible walls, then we could go ahead and get aircraft. If you are in agreement with me, go ahead and post your suggested aircraft mods below. I recommend the regular WAC stuff https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199107624 That provides all the airplanes and helicopters available for WAC. I know what you are thinking, this would lag the server or the map isn't big enough. IF WE MOVE TO A BIGGER MAP, it is possible and the server lag thing, these things are as effective on server lag as a car, and shouldn't be an issue. This could be used for police and any other people looking to fly around. This could be really cool for chases, it would be extra high speed chases and I can just imagine all the shit we could do. I know this isn't that bad, because I know a Owner of another Gmod Semi-Serious server that had this and he said there is really no issue with the helicopters and planes. That server is now privated for development, but there used to be quite a bit of people on there. I have seen that the RP uses for these things are amazing and it would be cool just to have them.

2. Brunnea

Brunnea Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    what could possibly go wrong.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    I was playing sandbox and they removed WAC for a day and lag went down soooo much( that added it back cause complainers) Wac also apparently causes crashes when they hit water according to that server cause they auto-remove wac if they hit water

4. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Owyn Maxson
    When The brotherhood 1.0 was operational, the prydwen was going around the sky with us in it. Of course we put RP Thrusters, stabilizers, etc on it. The Brotherhood 2.0 might be using a submarine, if not that, remaking the new and improved prydwen. Why am I saying this?
    We could use aircrafts.

5. DogePlayz2

DogePlayz2 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    James Westen
    Everything!
    thats what!

6. Eddie - Addicted To MDMA

Eddie - Addicted To MDMA Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Eddie Crocetti
    I don't agree. Planes are a way for minges to suicide bomb cars, as I played on ARMA 3 and that's all I did with them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Satoshi Mochida [LP]

Satoshi Mochida [LP] Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tyrone Stalinson
    There's gonna be that one guy that flies into a tower while there's people in it

8. LoxxyBabey

LoxxyBabey Member

@Lava_Master, I'm sorry, I love you... but are you retarded?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    Yeah... I'm going to have to disagree with this. At the end of the day, it's too abusable. Maybe a police helicopter if you're feeling ambitious? But I still disagree with the concept.

10. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    I'd have to say no for abuse, and other obvious reasons. Although I understand why you may want them.

The EU server I played on before this had some boats, (Yacht and jetski). If we had a bigger map I would suggest those.

Considering it can provide good RP (As well as a fun party.) Most servers that have features like that have a cap on the number of each vehicle class that can be spawned in. (To help reduce lag.) But back to the aircraft... I'd be hard pushed to see that going well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ben Rader

Ben Rader Premium Member

The Police Cheif could spawn one in, the regular players would get a slower smaller aircraft that does as much damage than a car going the same speed. That was @Lava_Master talking there. SUGGESTIONS on that?

12. James Newman

James Newman Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Um, no. This is going to be abused and I personally find no use for aircrafts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hammy

Hammy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    I'd rather not have to ban more people for terrorism rp. Adding something like this would also need changes in the rules which the only person who can change those at the moment is Simple

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Clorox Bleach

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    Then what is c4 for?

15. LoxxyBabey

LoxxyBabey Member

Well it's been asked to be removed by like the entire staff team. But then you know @Simple and how he listens to his team.......

16. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    Its not a bad idea and it would be awesome but, unfortunately this probably would never happen. The map would have to be gigantic to have aircrafts flying around, aircrafts would probably cost millions of dollars, and in order to do this we would have to make a whole new community up in the sky. iIf we didn't do this a bunch of really loud aircrafts will just be flying around doing nothing. Not only this, but people are gonna start asking for missle for aircrafts and then it will have a dramatic effect on the ground rockford. What if a bunch of people start being annoying and land on the road and then blow up rdming dozens of people. Only the richest of chronet would be able to afford them and god knows what they could do once they have aircrafts. Maybe on a different server we could make an rp rockford in the sky but I doubt it
    AKA: This all means aircrafts would be global domination
    --- Post updated ---
    But actually, their should be one police helicopter that the police cheif o swat could ride with permission from the mayor and if it had no weapons and would be impossible to land and would disappear by a button while the pilot respawns at the pd. (Maybe just a spotlight would be epic)

17. Clorox Bleach

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    Rockford open works decently with WAC

18. LoxxyBabey

LoxxyBabey Member

Can we have F-16s for the SWAT please. K thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    This could be cool for another server but this would really ruin the servers because peace and quiet will no longer exist and there won't be a second you will not hear loud aircrafts flying through the sky while your just trying to rp