1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

ACCEPTED aidcon's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by aidcon, Jun 25, 2015.

1. One Million Ducks

One Million Ducks Retired Staff Member

Going to be neutral as of now. I enjoy playing with you, and your RP is not bad, however you seem to be lacking in administrator qualities (which are quite easy to improve on). You are a friendly member of the community and are easy to get a long with.
    Another thing that I have noticed is the amount of bans you have. Obviously this has been approved by Simple, however it is something to keep an eye on.
    I truly do wish you luck. This will obviously be subject to change at any point in time! :)

20150927 - Gonna update and give a +1. Aidcon has shown that he can handle people in a positive and responsible manner. He has many admin qualities that I believe would spark more community members to follow in his direction. I would love to work along side him :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. K-9

K-9 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Johnny Mayfair
    I give a review on what I think about @aidcon.
    Looks into what @aidcon has typed on the original post.
    Past Experience

Looking at the past experiance, it's quite nice for running different administration/moderator jobs and gaining experiance out of this as far as I can see.
    Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    Looking at the deserve to be admin, looks adequate for being an administration/moderator.
    Extra notes
    Looking at the extra notes, again looks adeuate for being an administration/moderator, speaks English and Spanish dym nice, and however with the bans that @aidcon has I'm going to review this (check below of this post).
    Experiences of me playing with @aidcon.
    Nice guy, nice roleplayer, haven't seen him break any rule as far as I can remember, replys to players fast with text chat and uses microphone often (good for being administration/moderator).
    Things that @aidcon needs to improve.
    Can't think of anything that @aidcon needs to improve, will edit this whenever comes up.
    • None.
    Reviewing bans that @aidcon has.
    Ok before I review the ban I'm going to get @Morgan Hunt's part quote.
    Before anyone says that @aidcon has six bans which is true, however the last two bans were faulty, I'm going to review each bans on what I think of the servere level of each ban from top to bottom.
    1. Banned on 2015-02-28 02:22: This was a faulty ban, therefore he was unbanned. - Servere Level: None.
    2. Banned on 2015-02-18 02:31: This one was abit up-and-down and was "misunderstanding". - Servere Level: None.
    3. Banned on 2014-10-04 18:53: "attempted RDM, previous warning for RDM" - Servere Level: Very-low.
    4. Banned on 2014-03-09 09:34: "AFK avoiding" Meh not really a major rule break. - Servere Level: Very-very-low.
    5. Banned on 2014-01-05 21:39: "FearRP/other ban" FearRP would of been a warning but there is a "other ban" there. - Servere Level: Very-very-low.
    6. Banned on 2013-12-17 02:20: "Job abuse, prop maze" Not sure about this one. - Servere Level: Very-low.
    @aidcon has four valid bans not six.
    Anything that has bans no longer than 6 past months doesn't really matter to me.
    Verdict of the bans I've reviewed: Very-very-low. "Not really serverly crazy bans thought, therefore this seems fine coming from me." - K-9
    Conclustion of this review, do I think @aidcon is fit for admin and my verdict on my final rating review.

On the conclustion of this review I somewhat haven't seen @aidcon do any admin-related things to players, I think whenever or not @aidcon should be admin so I would say a trial admin would be better before being full admin just to make sure his doing the right job.
    Verdict On This Final Rated Review
    +0.5

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  3. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    I agree!
    (Totally not just because I have bans over 6 months old! K-9 officially approves Coolrune's future admin app!)
    In all seriousness, changing to neutral.

4. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    I would love to hang with you guys on the server, but I'm moving from California to Pennsylvania. I won't be on until later this week. -aidcon

5. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    I just wanted to let you all know that I am back and ready to play on the server again. Looking forward to playing with you!

6. NovaStudio

NovaStudio Member

Roleplay name:
    Alex Winston
    It's hard for me... Because you really hate me and call me a minge... You enforce the rules actually pretty well. Well from what I have seen so far. I've seen some minor things there and here but you enforce the rules and I noticed you have been RPing a bit more. I was gonna say neutral but I'm gonna give a +1

7. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    Going neutral here. I think over the time I have known aidcon he has RDMed 279831 times. But that was the old server and I think this update was a new beginning for him. I haven't played and seen you enough on the new server so yeah. You have 6 bans on record. Idk right now

NEUTRAL:cool:
    P.S.
    I know you will respond to me saying "trying to RP more". That's not what needs to change but you need to be more active with other player and not just base or own a store but walk around, sort out problems and well... RP.

8. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    Actually I have four valid bans. I was appealed for the two other ones. Also, my four bans were minor.

9. UltraRobot

UltraRobot Member

Roleplay name:
    Kael Ilphelkiir
    While it is true that aidcon used to simply base, farm and raid without engaging in significant roleplay, I can confirm his claims about trying to roleplay more. These days, I no longer find him simply farming in a base, and instead I see him actually trying to RP. In addition, he is an individual with good knowledge of the server rules, which I have never seen him break, and is overall a nice guy to play on the server with that knows how to keep his calm, as I've never witnessed him getting mad at anyone. He uses both text and voice chat properly. Furthermore, he has had previous experience being a server admin in three different games, with one of them being Garry's Mod, and can speak two languages.

Regarding his four bans (as the other two were appealed), all of them were minor and were issued at least more than 6 months ago, which in my eyes makes them pretty much insignificant, and the fact that he has not been banned again for more than 6 months is further proof of aidcon's improvement in his behavior and understanding of the server rules.

I've changed my vote to -1, the reason can be found in post #149 of this thread.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  10. A2

A2 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Sydney Hughes
    -snip- no vote for now, will see how aidcon acts on server. (was neutral leaning towards +1)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  11. Christ

Christ Retired Ban Request Overlord Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    I'm going to say neutral and leaning toward a +1 as well. You're a friendly player, you know the rules well, and your RP is pretty good as well. I feel like you'd make a good admin but my biggest concern is how you'd react when calls are flooding in. I'll keep an eye out when I get back and I'll update this then.

12. Zaptto

Zaptto Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    Changing my vote to neutral for now. After watching you on the server a bit, you are much better than I remember. However one complaint is that you don't really talk too much when it comes to ooc, would love to see you help out there more. (Like answering questions from New players, getting involved in conversation, that kind of stuff.)

You also tend to be biased towards a lot of things, mainly involving the Ronson family, as the only time I really see you talk in ooc is when you jump to defend another member. This could cause a huge issue as a large part of the family tends to be part of a lot of arguments and controversial issues. And from what I have observed, there tends to be a lot of in fighting in the group.
    (No offense to any of the Ronsons, of course.)

13. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    If one of my members breaks a rule, I won't hesitate to punish them the way I see fit. Also I have been helping others a lot recently in OOC. The only time I don't is if someone beats me to it.

14. Kara

Kara New Member

I joined the server about a week ago, and have played quite a bit of RP (have 2 days played in game.) and the one big reason that sticks out to me is that he's active. I have a weird sleeping schedule (Like I wake up at 5-6 PM and go to bed at 7-8 AM.) and every time I get up and come on, aidcon will be online and more than likely would be on the server. I play the server a few hours a day and sometimes I don't see any admins come on at all, which is why I would like to give aidcon a chance. About him being prepared or not, (Off-topic, a year or 2 ago, back when I became moderator on a different server, I learned a lot more about loopholes in between rules, how to act in situations, how or what the punishment should be, etc.) and I think trial-admin would really give him, and us a chance to see how he would turn out as a staff member.
    He's a really nice, active player that I'd like to be seen given a chance.
    +1

15. uncagedbranman

uncagedbranman Active Member

So like I guess I should weigh in here, You dont hang around with the best group of people possible, but you do know the rules and follow them. I have seen you helping in OOC as well so yeah, thats pretty cool. Uh I guess +1

16. Phray

Phray Retired Server Admin

Off-Topic: Jesus Christ @K-9 well done. Response of the century.

On-Topic: I'm sure I have had experiences with Aidcon in the past and, based on his ban history, I probably would have considered him to be a minge; however, due to my past stretches of inactivity on the server due to emotional/relationship/family issues which thankfully have passed (I should be more active now), I tend to forget quite a bit about the players I only ever interact with on the server, which gives ample opportunity for them to prove themselves as an outstanding member of the community. I recently started interacting with Aidcon and have found him to be very mature and friendly. He is an extremely easy player to get along with and in no way does he limit himself to only the people he knows- he is constantly meeting, and helping, new people. He and his friends fool around every now and then which could manifest itself into a future problem were he to be granted Trial. On the contrary, I do believe that just about everyone, Admin or not, will do this- it's inevitable, but it takes a certain level of maturity to prevent it from getting in the way of an Admin's responsibilities. I have observed Aidcon upholding, conveying, and enforcing rules in the recent past and, from what I've seen so far, he possesses this level of maturity; however, I have not been fully swayed quite yet (mostly due to his ban history and only having really -known- him briefly. I will have to keep a more watchful eye on him in future to fully decide my stance on his application. I am currently leaning toward a +1, however will remain neutral/+0.5 for the time being.

+1

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  17. bobdabildr

bobdabildr New Member

u the real mvp +69

18. MortarAttack

MortarAttack Member

Roleplay name:
    Guy Sanders
    In my opinion...
    Aidcon has a great knowledge of the server rules and helps people to understand them whenever he gets the chance. I disagree with the claim that he doesn't RP much (May be an old claim) because well, he does. I think that it's excellent that he has had experience being an Admin on multiple different games and I think that somewhat proves his maturity and friendliness. (Hey, other people hired him! :p) Moving on, His Bans don't bother me. They are all old and also, just because someone has been banned doesn't make them a bad person. It's simply how some of us learn. Bans exist to not only punish the person, but to help them, give them time to read the rules and learn from their mistakes. Anyway, rant over. To conclude, I think Aidcon would be a great Adminge. :) +1

19. Deaconator

Deaconator Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Chris Cameron
    I've seen you in forums and what people are saying, you've definitely improved.

Besides, I had literally no traits a admin should of had when I applied, and I still became a admin.

I'll give you a +1.

20. Salvific

Salvific Member

Great guy, follows rules, active on forums, and very helpful to everyone but the Trevilles ;3

+1
    +1
    +1
    +1
    +1