1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A rulechange for raiding! (Rule 8.1.3)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SCORPEANrtd, Dec 24, 2015.

1. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    This was an old suggestion that got buried, and covered in dust. Back in 2013 @Turska made this thread: http://chronet.com/threads/raiding-kos-rule-change.2324/

And I pretty much agreed with it... And now that we're moving more and more into serious RP, and further away from the base/raid RP mentality... Why don't we make this change?
    I mean, there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to NOT do this, right?
    Basically the proposal here is the same as Turska's... We change the rule from:
    1. You can not kill unarmed people in raids, unless they are interfering or calling the cops. Tell them to face the wall and cooperate or to move out of the way. If they disobey your commands or if they block doors or interfere, you are free to kill them. This does not apply to the owners of a base you raid.
    to simply being
    1. You can not kill unarmed people in raids, unless they are interfering or calling the cops. Tell them to face the wall and cooperate or to move out of the way. If they disobey your commands or if they block doors or interfere, you are free to kill them.
    And then we strictly enforce this rule...

The main point of this is to stop RDM, stop people making the 'raid' excuse in order to simply kill people, and to improve conditions for Roleplaying.
    Because, it's a roleplay server after all, not a base wars server... Trying to do Passive RP and then getting gunned down every 10-30 minutes is absolutely irritating, and doesn't reward people for roleplaying...

Anyways to sum this up:
    Pros:
    • Reinforces raiding roleplay (tying up hostages)
    • Reinforces Passive RP (or rather, allows it)
    • More realistic
    • Reduces RDM
    • Prevents people from raiding simply to kill people
    • New players that are raided won't be killed
    • Potentially other benefits?
    Cons:
    • You can't go pew pew pew

• Like Like x 2
  2. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

Well this is a old one, do have to say that :D

Few people made point that wont the owner just kill the raiders later for raiding him. Fair point there but hear me out.

Some time ago Old School Runescape got new mode called "deadman mode" (Deadman mode is a new intense, player-vs-player survival game mode for Old School RuneScape. Deadman Mode is the ultimate in risk vs reward PvP).

What this means is that players are going to be making choices like "i could kill this person easily but at the same time they have to think the risks and results of there actions that follow for killing this player rather when just "click and kill". I really think that by changing rule 8.1.3 less KOS bye bye case to more value all the risks before raiding, other than well i might just die and lose few things.

At this moment raiding is not as risky as it should be imo. This rule change would change that to tiny bit riskier than it is atm.

It is true that most of the raids will involve guns from the house owner and from the raiders but this rule would give more to those who dont want to fight/ be killed in raid for just owning a house.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Fucking hell, that OSRS analogy though.
    If you play OSRS, and I play OSRS, why aren't we playing together... What the hell!

Anyways, if you're raiding someone in the first place, then you've got to worry about the threat of being attack by that person, and their friends... Or even the PD

4. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    Problem is, raider breaks into base, owner is unarmed but the raider has no rope, raider has to watch like a fucking hawk now. I feel right now with the ability for players to create megabases designed to be unraidable, raiders are severely underpowered. More restrictions on them would be fine, but only if there was further neutering to basers.

5. Khypher

Khypher Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Michael Septim
  6. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Bad troll rating all the posts in this thread 'bad spelling' is bad.
    That's a pretty easy fix right there isn't it? Buy rope...
    I'm sorry Coolrune, but that was possibly the WORST thing you could point out... That's like saying "Problem with raiding is, raider breaks into base, raider didn't bring ammo, now raider has to sneak around like a fucking rat.

How does this have anything to do with megabases anyways? It would change pretty much nothing, other than the raiders couldn't fire the first shot... If the defenders fire back, the raiders can open fire...
    Only difference is when (or rather, if) they break all the way in, if they see people that aren't currently armed, they can't simply shoot them...

7. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    Yeah yeah, I know, you have good points... only reason I'm resisting any kind of weakening to raiders is because I'm literally the owner of the Org called raidcorp :p

8. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Didn't know you replaced the former owners of Caldari!
    (joking)

But yeah, I mean, it's not like it weakens raiders, other than they now have to be more careful to threats (but that's mainly AFTER the raid itself)

9. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

Like @SCORPEANrtd said this has no effect on those type of people who use mega bases cause they will most likely shoot raiders first and be armed like US military :D

10. Dio

Dio Active Member

If this rule gets passed, Simple should implement where anyone can search, like cops can. Seeing as I don't want to raid a guys house and have him pull out an M3 the second I look away from him.

11. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    >Use Rope
    >Problem Solved

12. Mewthree

Mewthree Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Quavious Charko
    Then raiding would be almost useless. The money you get from the raid would just have to go towards new rope. People already break FearRp enough as it is when they're getting raided. Getting them to stand still while you tie would be nearly impossible.

13. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Cost:
    Risking guns and ammo < Rope

Huh, never knew this!

Also, if they don't let you tie them, you can kill them

14. Mewthree

Roleplay name:
    Quavious Charko
    With or without being able to kill the owner you still risk guns and ammo. You can't really factor that in. I'm saying that within the time that you are tying the person could easily pull out a gun and shoot. I'm not saying your idea is bad, I just think the weapon checker would be useful but make a rule where just because they have a gun doesn't mean they can be killed. The raider will just need to be more cautious.

15. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea... It would be cool to have (and for it to work with handcuffed suspects)
    But claiming
    That "rope costs too much, you'd have to buy rope" is completely idiotic

EDIT:
    Also, have them face a wall before tying them, if they don't listen, kill them...
    Not understanding why this is so difficult?

16. Mewthree

Roleplay name:
    Quavious Charko
    When did I say rope is too expensive? I said it negates the purpose of raiding for cash.

17. SCORPEANrtd

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Saying that basically means that you'd rather blow someones head off than buy rope or search a dumpster a few times...

18. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Scorpean I think its a good idea but yes the con is for sure true. Its gunna be REALLY hard to pull the trigger, due to the fact that you have to figure out who is actually apart of the base. Whether they are or they aren't that would be no reason to kill them due to them being unarmed. However, there are lots of instances where home invaders and such kill unarm homeowners so in a way it takes away some RP incidents, yet its not a bad idea.

19. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

Like thats something you cant buy/ make easily back :D Also what you are saying makes no sense to me cause you would be risking it anyways if this rule wasnt implemented into the game :D So if you dont want to risk your guns/ ammmo dont raid :)

If the house owner doesnt want to kill you when you enter his house, i dont see how you would be risking anything if you tie him up as well :D

20. Markoozy

Markoozy Retired Sever Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    That's why you don't raid alone. Have one guy aim the gun at the victim and someone else can tie him up. Obviously you take a risk when raiding alone because there are many things that 2 people can do that 1 can't.