1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please do not post threads relating to our roleplay server here! You can post RP related things here!
    Dismiss Notice

A Bad Moon On The Rise

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Thatch, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Thatch

Thatch Member

Roleplay name:
    Dexter Freeman
    Preface: Over the last year since 2017, we as a community have seen very little to no change being made on the Server and the Community as a whole. What was once a thriving and living community and RP server is now a shadow of it's former self. We all have witness the gradual decay and decline of Chronet over the last year. In this post I would like to take the time to address the main concerns and major problems that plague the server. Problems that in a matter of time will cause the inevitable end of this once great community, if anyone would like to comment and or critique my opinion, you are more than welcome to.
    *(Few Disclaimers)*
    - This is solely my personal and deepest opinion about the state of Chronet
    - Don't Get into an all out flame war on the thread
    - Finally, this is my way of trying to reach out to the community as a whole and try to systemically break down the flaws and weaknesses that pose a major threat for the foreseeable future of Chronet

1.) Lack Of Updates Or Any Further Developments
    For the first issue on this list is the complete dead end and lack of any improvements and or advancements that affect the Server.
    This is a problem that everyone is well aware of and it is one of the most persistent issues that reigns on Chronet. The updates are extremely inconsistent and stretched to far apart, this causes major gaps of advancement, thus increasing the likelihood of lowering the player count at a devastating rate.
    Proof: upload_2018-1-3_0-45-25.png
    The last Update that we ever received was on April Of Last year. This means that for the past 9 months we have not received any new update regarding the balance of Role play. *(1/2/18) as of writing this*
    To add on to this already brewing problem, we have the infamous wipe scandal that was promised to arrive in the FIRST HALF OF 2017 but alas, never came.
    Proof: upload_2018-1-3_0-52-11.png
    There have been a string of empty promises and complete lack of development regarding future server updates, this will only set the stage for the downfall of Chronet
    Proof: upload_2018-1-3_1-15-33.png

2.)
    Complete and Utter lack of Communication And Contact with Simple
    Now Moving unto in my opinion one of the most controversial topics in Chronet Where the fuck is Simple? Now I made my claim and addressed how I feel About the absence of Simple and complete lack of communication and contact The staff and the members have with Simple.
    Proof: http://chronet.com/threads/actually-fucking-everything.16621/page-2#post-155088
    However I am here to Flesh out the idea that none of us have an actual stable communication with Simple. However I understand that circumstances are different and vary from person to person, I say again that I respect Simple's Goals, Ambitions and Responsibilities. However it is gotten to the point where he is completely off the grid and unreachable in the most dire of circumstances. He is unavailable when the entire server is shutdown for days at a time. This is not something that I can abide and say it's justifiable. A boundary and a limit must be reached when it comes down to negligence. It's not something that we can brush off as "Oh well" and "He has a life". Like every ambitious human, we all have goals, needs and responsibilities that we are bound to, however is chronet and the well being of the server and the community not a priority? Members who dedicate hours of playtime and commitment to advance the server. Do the staff team not have a life when they get on and grind through Reports after reports only for the betterment of the server. It's simply insulting and unfair to treat Staff and loyal members this way.
    On October 24th, 2017 Simple made a post saying that he will make a full post that would explain his negligence and absence from the server, however that also being a empty promise as it never came.
    Proof: upload_2018-1-3_1-13-10.png

Simple procrastinated about making a post about why he procrastinated. Simple also said in the next Day or so it is now 1/2/18.
    Overall this level of negligence cannot be excused or dismissed, not anymore we deserve answers and revelation

3.)
    Frequent Crashes and Server being Non operational For Days at a time
    Now we are getting to the last parts of the problems, the crashing. Now for the last 2 weeks chronet has been Victim to Crippling attacks that crash the entire server for hours or even days at a time. Admins do not have access to the logs so checking the logs to find the ones accountable is next to impossible without our dear friend Simple. The staff are not adequately equipped to deal with this kind of conflict. This methodical and planned attacks has crippled the server for almost a week now. With @Vhondy being the legend that he is and Staying up until 7 to find them. However we do not have the proper power or jurisdiction to stop these kinds of attacks.
    Proof: upload_2018-1-3_1-22-19.png
    upload_2018-1-3_1-22-53.png

Special Thanks to
    @Vhondy
    @Chance
    @James Gambino
    @James Newman
    @BlueberryMuffin

PS Thank you to all the Staff who put time, effort and dedication on making this server better. You are all heroes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

Alright good read but what I meant to say was I wanted Chance to be granted the permission to restart the server

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Yutang
    Some great things said here. I hope simple comes back for good on the 5th and the biggest problem is simples inactivity it's been talked about a lot on the fourms for the last couple of days there's nothing we can really do besides hope and pray he comes back

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. James Gambino

He's going to come back just hopefully on the 5th. I was going to post something like this myself. I think we can take this server down time to better understand what's going on. @Vhondy agrees that there should be a few people who take part in staff meetings. Leaders of reputable organizations, Police and Firefighters. It can happen when they're finished talking about what others shouldn't hear. Like I said, more communication between the community and admins

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    don't go out tonight, it's bound to take your life.

Why is everyone thinking he'll be back on the 5th exactly?

That's a community meeting, not a Staff meeting.

Community meetings won't hurt but BOY why would it be called a STAFF MEETING if people who weren't STAFF attended it?
    Just curious - Why police and firefighters? Right now the system is that basically anyone and everyone can become either of those things if they leave their computer on long enough. As for Organizations, that's asking for trouble.

Community meetings? Good.
    Non-staff in a Staff exclusive meeting? Direct heroin injection to the ass.

6. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Yutang
    I know it's the boy that cried wolf at this point but chance said that simple would be back the 5th @Brunnea

7. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    too late for the 'inb4 he's not back' joke yet?

8. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Yutang
    Little bit

9. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    not as late as the update post.

10. James Gambino

Community meeting then. But staff need to be there to understand the politics on the street. I have a few friends who primarily play Police and Firefighter. They often roleplay seriously and would love to hear everyone's opinion. When they aren't these jobs, they're off-duty. This is why I said for the update, there should be actual people filling ranks in both departments

11. BaccaGaming

BaccaGaming Member

Well it is the 6th and I didn't see simple yesterday

12. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    and no one is surprised.

13. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith